1.    #1  
    OK so the full story is that I upgraded my Sprint Pixi to a Pixi Plus. Everything went fine, but now the majority of my contacts are photo-less. The only ones with photos are the ones that have updated their profile photo since I did the board swap. I have tried manually syncing, re-entering the password for the FB account, etc. Nothing works.

Any ideas of what I might try before deleting/re-adding the FB account entirely? Really hoping to avoid that.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I've tried that Syndil and it doesn't work. Just got a replacement phone myself and out of 300~ contacts, 5 or 6 have pictures. Pretty LAME. I've read about a dozen threads and tried several methods. Going into Contacts/Preferences & Accounts and removing then adding Facebook...doesn't work. Tried changing the default account.....doesn't work.

Any ideas, suggestions etc would be great.

I don't have that many patches/modifications to my phone so I can't see it being any of that causing a conflict.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Because of the FB https setting I lost the contact photo updates myself. Really the only way I found to work was to delete then re add FB which made them work again.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    I tried it again, and it didn't seem to work. I switched my default from Google to Palm and back, resyncing as I go. Nada. Not the end of the world, but a bit frustrating.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    This is a known "issue" if you want to call it that. Over time you'll get your contacts back. But it's been mentioned before in the thread for restoring Pre's texts that you can just delete FB altogether and re-add it and then your contacts will sync back.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yup, I noticed the same thing as I got a replacement Pre today. A while back the photos were there but stopped updating, so I knew something was up. I didnt think the photos would stop altogether though.
    Just a minor annoyance. Ive tried removing/reinstalling fb, etc, nothing seems to work.
    I had the same issue and I also noticed that new FB contacts where not being added. So I removed my FB account, re-added it and now it won't sync at all !!! I am wondering if Synergy has started to fail us....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I had the same issue and I also noticed that new FB contacts where not being added. So I removed my FB account, re-added it and now it won't sync at all !!! I am wondering if Synergy has started to fail us....
    Just an update really...
    For the last 3 days my phone has been trying to re-sync with FB and has been failing. I had the Messaging plugin installed by Greg Roll. Removed it, removed my FB account, re-sync and still nothing. I am starting to lose my patience with the "Synergy".

Out of curiosity....How does the WP7/Android synergy compare to the webOS? Anyone has any experience?

thanks
    Vas
  9.    #9  
    My other half has an EVO with HTC's FriendStream app on it that she used to use all the time, but for some reason it stopped updating one day and refuses to update any more. Had to remove the FriendStream app from one of her pages and replace it with the standard Facebook for Android app. Sucks because the FriendStream app was a full-page widget, and the Facebook for Android app is not.

Honestly I think this is due to Facebook changing things. They are constantly updating how things work and adding new features. Chat pane on the right side is the latest. I assume many of these apps simply collect information gathered via HTTP and regurgitate it in a way that looks good on a phone. So if FB changes how the web page works, then it's going to break some apps until they are updated.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    My other half has an EVO with HTC's FriendStream app on it that she used to use all the time, but for some reason it stopped updating one day and refuses to update any more. Had to remove the FriendStream app from one of her pages and replace it with the standard Facebook for Android app. Sucks because the FriendStream app was a full-page widget, and the Facebook for Android app is not.

Honestly I think this is due to Facebook changing things. They are constantly updating how things work and adding new features. Chat pane on the right side is the latest. I assume many of these apps simply collect information gathered via HTTP and regurgitate it in a way that looks good on a phone. So if FB changes how the web page works, then it's going to break some apps until they are updated.
    I was wondering if it was webOS or facebook...
    At least now you put my mind to rest. Eventually if they keep changing things, interest will die, people will stop using it and move to a different social network. What is really annoying is that I cannot update any of my contacts now

Vas
    I recently changed from one Pixi Plus to another. I noticed that none of my contacts' photos from FB loaded to the new Pixi Plus. After reading the notes above, I did the following:
    - on the computer, made sure I was logged into FB without the secure setting (i.e., using http and NOT https)
    - I deleted the FB account in contacts (I still had the FB app)
    - I re-added the FB account in contacts

It immediately started to sync and added all the contacts with their FB profile pics.