1.    #1  
    Hi,

So, I've had my Pre- for a year and a half and recently had to send my out to get replaced through Best Buy. They gave me a loner phone that was a low end Android phone until mine came in.

I've dealt with the fact that I have many random people in my phone that I dont want because of the facebook sync.

One features that Android had that I really like had to do with Facebook Accoutn Sync-ing. When I entered my email and password, it said:

Do you want to Sync:
    A. All of your facebook contacts
    B. Just the contacts that exist in your phonebook already

So the app only pulled in the Facebook info for any people already in my phone. Brilliant. We should be able to do this with WebOS as well.

Are there any solutions out there? The only one I've seen besides not syncing is to create a contact called: Facebook Hidden and then link all the people that you dont want popping up, to that account.

Thanks
    -Ben
    Last edited by playdope9; 06/12/2011 at 09:24 PM.
    this is a great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by playdope9 View Post
    ...One features that Android had that I really like had to do with Facebook Account Sync-ing. When I entered my email and password, it said:

Do you want to Sync:
    A. All of your Facebook contacts
    B. Just the contacts that exist in your phonebook already...
    Ben, you might like the option to download all Facebook contacts but only show the ones that are also in your phone. This way, if you ever happen to need a Facebook phone number or email, you would have it.

Tap Contacts > View to see exclude the Facebook contacts. Also, from the Contacts app you can also tap Groups to select "Work", "Softball", "Family", or whatever groups you set. You can group Google Contacts on your phone or PC.

Here is a thread where we were asking for a Patch to do this in webOS:

[Request] Contact Groups

Here is a thread from 18 months ago...
    How do you set some Facebook Friends to NOT Sync with Contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I include Facebook as one of the accounts that the Palm webOS syncs with in contacts. I love that feature because as friends update phone numbers, photos, email addresses, etc., my contacts are updated automatically.

Problem. I do not want to dig through all of my Facebook friends when I am looking for a contact on my phone....
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/13/2011 at 02:30 PM.