1.    #1  
    Does anyone have Yahoo IMAP email working on their webOS device? I've had it working fine since launch day and then yesterday it stopped working. Now, when I try to add my Yahoo email accounts, it does POP, which sucks because messages I read on the computer don't show up as read on my Pre minus.

I've tried setting it manually as IMAP using the credentials below, and kept getting a message saying that "IMAP is not allowed."

imap.mail.yahoo.com for incoming mail
    username as well as username@yahoo.com
    Authen On using SSL port 993

smtp.mail.yahoo.com for outgoing mail
    username as well as username@yahoo.com
    Authen On using SSL port 465
    I'm curious about this myself..i have a Sprint Pre minus and never had an issue with my email syncing to my phone. All of a sudden a couple of weeks back, it just stopped. Now, I don't get emails sent to my phone, except at random moments, despite me constantly refreshing. Read or deleted messages won't appear that way on my computer when I get online either, even if I'd done so on my phone. I've deleted and re-added my email account, along with rebooting my phone. Not sure if this makes any difference, but I've found that I only get emails (albeit still at random times and not at the set time I selected) when I'm on my phones network and not on wi-fi.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    I'm curious about this myself..i have a Sprint Pre minus and never had an issue with my email syncing to my phone. All of a sudden a couple of weeks back, it just stopped. Now, I don't get emails sent to my phone, except at random moments, despite me constantly refreshing. Read or deleted messages won't appear that way on my computer when I get online either, even if I'd done so on my phone. I've deleted and re-added my email account, along with rebooting my phone. Not sure if this makes any difference, but I've found that I only get emails (albeit still at random times and not at the set time I selected) when I'm on my phones network and not on wi-fi.
    The Yahoo synching issue while on Wifi is a known issue actually. Idk what the exact cause is, but many have reported this problem for a while now. I rarely have my phone on wifi because of that. I don't have a solution/suggestion for you other than to not go on wifi if you really want regular yahoo email synching...
  4.    #5  
    just in case anyone else is having issues, i doctored my phone, and yahoo imap is working again. looking through the settings, it looks like it is a little different from what i posted above. these are the settings that works for me now:

Incoming Mail Server:
    palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    SSL encryption
    Port 993

Outgoing Mail Server:
    palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    SSL encryption
    Port 465
    Is working to me, but is bad... some messages, download only the subjects or stop and stay waiting for hours until update the messages again...

Hummm... other thing, when I was using the 1.4.5 version, my messages was receive by my Yahoo! Groups, but since I has updated to 2.X, I always receive the reply that my the group accept only messages in Text Format...

Somebody has this problems, too???

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    My Pre Plus did the same thing. It stopped syncing email with yahoo for no apparent reason. It will sync randomly every few days. It will not sync if i open the account. I tried deleting the account and re-installing but it did not help.
  7.    #8  
    those of you having issues with yahoo imap, make sure that you are not on wifi. there is a bug with yahoo imap and wifi, as in it will not sync over wifi.
    miss my pre plus where calendar and mail sync works flawlessly for me.

I also can't get yahoo or google to sync. I get the endless sync'ing notification. I've combed all the forumns, uninstalled/reinstalled, tried all the different settings, paid for a yahoo plus account, removed the yahoo account setting (synergy, yahoo for mobile), made sure I wasn't on wi-fi, no luck. Makes me leery to get the touchpad or the pre3.
    You can manually sign up yahoo mail account:
    1 .- Add new mail account (not yahoo account)
    2 .- Server configuration:

Account type: IMAP

Incoming Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: your email, but without "@yahoo.com", only the first part.
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Outgoing Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: if
    Username: your email
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 465
  10. JRZ
    Hello everybody,

I have the same problem here. I can't get access to my yahoo account. Already tried to create only an email account and also without @yahoo.com. I use a HP Veer and I have no idea anymore what I can do.

Thanks for any hints.
    working fine for me. Occasionally get a notification to re-enter my details, but I just ignore that and it fixes itself pretty quickly.

I think you can go into the options on the normal webmail and delete and mobile devices to see if that helps reset things.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I added manually a IMAP Mail Account for Yahoo and disabled the Mails for the Standard-Yahoo Account.
    So now I have my yahoo-contacts, yahoo-calendar and imap-yahoomail.
    Quote Originally Posted by gyhor View Post
    I added manually a IMAP Mail Account for Yahoo and disabled the Mails for the Standard-Yahoo Account.
    So now I have my yahoo-contacts, yahoo-calendar and imap-yahoomail.
    Using the Yahoo acct setup for Yahoo contacts and a manual IMAP setup for Yahoo mail has worked for me as well.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yesterday one of the two Yahoo accounts that I have on my TouchPad stopped working. I have deleted, rebooted and reentered the account but can't get it to work. I have also tried setting it up manually with no luck. I keep getting the yellow triangle and a message to "check your login and password". I have the same accounts on my Pre- and have no issues there. If any one has any insight to this it would be greatly appreciated.
    I ran into the "password or account is invalid" issue with Yahoo mail set up with IMAP this morning on my Pre 2. I knew my password was correctly set since I was able to access my email via Firefox on my netbook. I thought it might have something to do with having just set up a Touchpad which I received this morning, but that had nothing to do with it. The Touchpad was unable to access the Yahoo account as well, giving the same error.

I simply ignored it for a few hours and noticed a few minutes ago that it seems to have fixed itself and the Yahoo account is now syncing properly on the Pre 2 and the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, well it's been 3 days now and one of my 2 Yahoo accounts still is not working properly! I've left it alone for a couple of days thinking just ignore it as has been the case in the past on my Pre-. No luck still getting the error. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I am using the above account settings for Yahoo mail, but I still have an issue with email sync:

- Sends and receives fine on 3G
    - It receives fine on wifi, but won't send emails on wifi. Emails would just be stuck in the Outbox forever until I go on 3G. I checked my ISP and they say they don't block any ports.

I am on EU unlocked Pre 2 on 2.2.4, but it didn't work when I was on 2.1 anyway.

I'm going on holiday in Canada and won't have 3G anymore so I would need this to work over wifi! Does anybody else have this issue or a fix for it?