Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    I don't know if you've talked to Rod or Jason, but I'm sure they can probably take some of this work and integrate it into Save/Restore, Impostah or WQI since most of the script is written in javascript. This would make it more accessible to people... and I'm sure a lot of people will find this work very useful.
    No , but it would be great to have their help
    Hi rcmarvin,

I'm going out of town this weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to test your latest revision to see if it fixes the normalization issue. I'll let you know the results as soon as I can.
    Hi rcmarvin,

I spent some time looking at the export_sql and I finally figured out how to prevent group texts from getting multiplied. I had to do another join and make sure the chat thread address and the sms address were equal and that seems to have fixed this problem. I've attached the new sql in this post.

There was a small problem in the sms.jsjsjs: $one$ $line$ $had$ &$quot$;$debug$.$log$&$quot$; $instead$ $of$ &$quot$;$log$.$debug$&$quot$; $and$ $it$ $was$ $throwing$ $errors$ $in$ $FF$. $I$ $made$ $the$ $change$ $and$ $it$ $works$ $now$.

Also, your changes seemed to have fixed the phone number issue that I was having earlier -- everything looks pretty good now! I'm hoping we can get more people to test this program and then I'm hoping WebOs Internals or Jason will create a wrapper for this so that it's a one or two click process for people.

Thanks for all your hardwork on this!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Pre 2 arrives tomorrow, so I'll be testing this process to get my texts from a Pre- to a Sprint frankenPre 2. I'll leave feedback to let you know how it goes.
    No one else wants to try?

Btw rcmarvin, do you have a command to erase all texts from the db8 database? I have to doctor everytime I want to test...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    No one else wants to try?

Btw rcmarvin, do you have a command to erase all texts from the db8 database? I have to doctor everytime I want to test...
    Yes, but I don't have my computer access right now, I'll sent them to you later. I am studying your SQL statement and will update it later.
    So I ran the first batch file with no errors.
    I generated the script file but couldn't get Notepad++ to save it in proper Unix format (had to boot into Ubuntu to save it right).
    I put the script onto the Pre 2.
    I ran the script on the Pre 2.
    I grabbed the ct_current.json.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $Pre$ $2$ $and$ $put$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $same$ $directory$ $as$ $the$ $webpage$.
    I hit "Refresh."
    I clicked the second "Generate" button.

Nothing.

The button went grey and nothing showed up in the screen. I tried in Windows and Ubuntu. I tried in Firefox, Chrome and IE. Nothing ever showed up in the text window to copy into ins2.sh.

So next I tried restarting from scratch.
    Ran the batch file, went fine.
    Hit "Generate" for ins1.sh, but it said "no messages need to be inserted, please do step 3d." I completely deleted everything related to the scripts and unzipped again. I still get the error that there is nothing to do and can't generate the 2nd script.
    I am going to try running all the scripts on a different computer.

While installing all the SDKs and stuff, I checked my SMS app. I never made or ran ins2.sh but it showed all of my texts in there...

But there were three instances of each SMS conversation, none of which showed anything when I opened and each of which were deleted when I went back to the SMS app main window. I'm going to wipe the phone data and start over with this different computer.
    Hi boarder1999, I have a few questions:

Was there a person persons.json.jsjsjs $generated$ $when$ $you$ $ran$ $the$ $batch$ $file$?
    Also, have you imported your contacts onto your Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    So I ran the first batch file with no errors.
    So next I tried restarting from scratch.
    Ran the batch file, went fine.
    Hit "Generate" for ins1.sh, but it said "no messages need to be inserted, please do step 3d." I completely deleted everything related to the scripts and unzipped again. I still get the error that there is nothing to do and can't generate the 2nd script.
    It is a correct behavior, even after you deleted everything. It is because if you successfully run ins1.sh, the script already changed the db8. Even if you deleted everything, the "step2.bat" will recognize the changes made to the db8 system, thus ins1.sh is not necessary to run again.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    there were three instances of each SMS conversation, none of which showed anything when I opened
    Yes, it happened because ins1.sh will insert the conversation thread into the database but no related SMS message is inserted to the database yet (normally done in ins2.sh).

About the 2nd script error, are there any message shown in the Blackbird window? (normally appeared on the right hand side)
    Nope, no message on the blackbird window.

I just ran the entire process again on a different computer after completely clearing all database data on the phone (delete apps + data), and got the exact same response.

So I'm stuck on Step 4 with no errors from either firefox or that blackbird window and no script to copy to finish the last step.
    The three texts per thread appears to be because I ran the script a few times when trying to fix the second script problem. After clearing all the data and trying again, I only see one thread per contact. One problem solved.

So I just need to figure out why the second "Generate" button isn't doing anything on either an Ubuntu, Win 7 or Win XP machine. I get no messages anywhere, which will make it ridiculously difficult to troubleshoot.
    I put in basic alert statements in the sms.jsjsjs $script$ $to$ $see$ $where$ $it$ $is$ $failing$... $it$ $makes$ $it$ $past$ $grabPeoplePhone$ $but$ $doesn$'$t$ $make$ $it$ $into$ $the$ &$quot$;$if$ ($checkCT$())&$quot$; $section$.

It looks like line 230 is "debug.log" instead of "log.debug" Changing this made a script appear in Step 4.
    Running with that line fixed seems to have worked, but I'll have to test to make sure it all worked perfectly. I did see a couple error messages go by when running ins2.sh on the term, but the buffer was too small to see them. As of right now, I can go into my SMS threads and see them, send new SMS and have that show up in the thread.
    So after reading through this thread again, I see that linwiz311 already found the error on line 230 of the sms.jsjsjs $code$. $He$ $said$ $he$ $was$ $getting$ $FF$ $errors$ $from$ $that$, $but$ $I$ $was$ $not$ $which$ $threw$ $me$ $off$ $the$ $scent$. $I$ $also$ $assumed$ $that$ $his$ $fixed$ $code$ $had$ $been$ $put$ $into$ $the$ $updated$ $source$ $zip$ $file$.

As of this morning, all of my SMS threads appear to be there and working fine (sending and receiving) with contact names and avatars showing up. Is there any specific function that needs to be tested on a live phone?

One other thing I think might be useful to include in this set of database transfers is a way to import call history into db8. I know that call history is part of the PalmDatabase.db3, so maybe there is a way to import that along with SMS as well.
    Oh, and thank you so much rcmarvin for all the work you did in getting this running. I now have a Sprint frankenPre 2 with all of the SMS threads from the past 2 years, which will now get backed up in the cloud and allow an easier transition to the Pre 3.

I don't know if the guys at webosinternals know about this thread, but I'll be mentioning it when I post my experience with frankenPreing. I imagine there are a ton of people who would want to save their texts before switching to a Pre 2 or Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I spent some time looking at the export_sql
    Hi linwiz311, I've modified the SQL, making use of the chatthread address and the problem solved in my test also. Is there any error encountered when you not making the substr? Because I turn the exact match turned on right now, and it seems work fine.

There was a small problem in the sms.jsjsjs
    Thx for reporting, my bad , source updated.
    rcmarvin, if you PM me your address I'd like to paypal you some money as a donation and thanks for this work.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I also assumed that his fixed code had been put into the updated source zip file.
    Yup, I was too late to include it in the source.

Is there any specific function that needs to be tested on a live phone?
    Has any of the imported message with phone number not in the contact list? I would like to know if the incoming new message of that conversation will be created in the same thread.

One other thing I think might be useful to include in this set of database transfers is a way to import call history into db8.
    Thanks for your comment, I've not yet studied any of them and have no idea whether it is easy to do that or not.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast