Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm using Pre- with webos 2.1 in it...currently my ISP has changed their policy to block any connection to other SMTP other than their's.
    So I need to change the SMTP setting to my ISP's SMTP server, but my Pre can't change 'Use Authentication' to off and the email setting keeps entering my Gmail username and password for the SMTP setting.

    After I turn off the Authentication, when I opens the manual setup, it keeps turning on again...anyone know how to set Authentication to off?

    regards,
    Herman
  2.    #2  
    Anyone know how to do it? This is very annoying that the email apps can't save the setting, it keeps the authentication turn on and always copied username and password from incoming email setting.
  3. #3  
    Try setting up the generic email account. It will then let you choose specific settings.

    Usually an ISP blocks port 25, have you tried reaching gmail smtp servers on the ssl ports?

    IMAP - Gmail Help
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Try setting up the generic email account. It will then let you choose specific settings.

    Usually an ISP blocks port 25, have you tried reaching gmail smtp servers on the ssl ports?

    IMAP - Gmail Help
    yes...already done that...if by default it can send email through WiFi...but if using operator network it can't, because my ISP blocked any connection to any SMTP server other than themselves, so if I want to send email, I have to use my ISP SMTP Server...but the problem is...my Pre won't save my setting, after I change the setting...set the SMTP, set authentication to off, no encryption, port number 25...validating success...but still can't send email, if I go to Manual Setup again, the setting is revert to authentication on and using user+password from incoming email setting.

    I try to set my office email account, strange it can send email with my ISP SMTP server...but if I try to set Gmail, Yahoo it can't send any email using my ISP SMTP.

    I have tried to delete the profile, and make new one with generic email account using Gmail and Yahoo (not using wizard from webOS) it still cannot send email.
  5. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    #5  
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    still cannot send email with SSL or TLS...the problem is my operator/ISP has blocked any connection to any SMTP other than their's so I need to use my ISP SMTP to send emails...

    strange thing is I can use my office email with SMTP from my ISP to send emails, but not if Gmail or Yahoo.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nusz View Post
    still cannot send email with SSL or TLS...the problem is my operator/ISP has blocked any connection to any SMTP other than their's so I need to use my ISP SMTP to send emails...

    strange thing is I can use my office email with SMTP from my ISP to send emails, but not if Gmail or Yahoo.
    Hehehe...nevermind the problem is in my ISP SMTP...the problem is the SMTP check the email address, if the email address include string gmail or yahoo, the SMTP refuse to send it...
  8. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    467 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nusz View Post
    Hehehe...nevermind the problem is in my ISP SMTP...the problem is the SMTP check the email address, if the email address include string gmail or yahoo, the SMTP refuse to send it...
    If my ISP ever did that I would report them to the FTC. However, you just might sneak passed it by using "googlemail.com" instead of "gmail.com". Both work.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    If my ISP ever did that I would report them to the FTC. However, you just might sneak passed it by using "googlemail.com" instead of "gmail.com". Both work.
    still can't because it is blocked any connection to any smtp other than smtp from my ISP...

    and more ridiculous is if I use the ISP's smtp to send emails with gmail or yahoo email address (like blabla@yahoo.com or blabla@gmail.com) the smtp refuse to send...but if I enter any email address not containing string yahoo or gmail or any other free email accounts (like blabla@blabla.com) the smtp will send the emails.

    the reason they blocked connection to any smtp other than their's is because they have suffered attack from spamming emails...but now they open any connection within their network to use their's smtp to send any emails from any email account other than free email accounts although it doesn't exist...

Posting Permissions