webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > "undefined" calendar entries
"undefined" calendar entries

Old 05/02/2011, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
2xs

Hi community

probably I did some user-failures with chapura the other day and now all calendar-entries from outlook are not pointing to a specific account anymore. In other words every formerly chapura-controlled calendar entry is now flagged as "undefined" in the upper right corners pull-down-menu of an appointment.

And now I dont know how to get rid of them (manual one-by-one deleting not an option) Of course I already tried partial and complete wipe of the pre (with and without USB partition) , but somehow those entries re-appear.

any suggestions? thx in advance and best regards

2XS
Old 05/02/2011, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
2xs

ok, I had a nice chat session with Palm Support but they could not help. They told me to delete every appointment manually. The entries were flagged as "undefined" and as that they were backupped in the palm-profile and therefor full-erase does not help :-(

any tipps for mass-deletion of calendar-entries ? :-\
Old 05/08/2011, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
ok, I had a nice chat session with Palm Support but they could not help. They told me to delete every appointment manually. The entries were flagged as "undefined" and as that they were backupped in the palm-profile and therefor full-erase does not help :-(

any tipps for mass-deletion of calendar-entries ? :-\
I too am having the same problem. Only my undefined entries developed when I deleted my google account. All of the entries changed to undefined. When I add the google account back into the Pre 2, I now have double entries.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
dabombcra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2011, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep, this happened to be once when I deleted by Google Account due to the messed up Google sync in 2.0.1, I had to delete my Palm Profile backups and doctor.

Since upgrading to 2.1.0, I haven't had problems.
Old 05/08/2011, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

if this happened with pocket mirror, you should send an email to chapura support. They have always been very responsive. I suspect you will have to doctor, but let them guide you.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2011, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have this problem as well with my Google calender on a Frankenpre2. Some events are "Undefined" and others are "Google". It's a real mess. The weird thing is my Frankenpre2 with the correct profile is messed up while my Dev Pre+ with "Dr. Skipped First Use" profile works fine. Do I really need to Doctor? Both devices have the same accounts synced. One is messed up, one isn't. Any suggestions?
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2011, 03:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

It's because HPalm completely messed up Google Calendar sync on webOS 2.x. I'm having the same issue on my Pre+/webOS 2.1.

There are many more threads of other users having Google Calendar syn problems. So, as I see there's no real solution to this. Again, thanks a lot HPalm for failing in your key area.
dukat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2011, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've tried the webOS 3.0 SDK. So poor that there is no sync problem between it and Google Calendar. As a irresponsible company, I think HPalm don't do anything in helping those users, but just promote Touchpad.

It can be understood why HPalm don't promote Veer - more users, more problems!
Old 11/13/2011, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had a similar problem qith my Pre3 (v 2.2.3). I unsubscribed from a couple of Google Calendars and ended up with a bunch of undefined events. I did a "partial reset" to get rid of the old data (photos, music and other USB files were preserved) . Now that the reset has been done and I've resynced with Google Calendar it appears that everything is fine and I just have the Calendar events I want. The only problem with this solution is that while apps that were installed via the App Catalog have been restored, their data has not been (no more high scores).

Now that my Pre3 has been reset, I used the built-in backup app to copy my info up to HP WebOS site, so hopefully it's overwritten the calendar info.
BenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2012, 06:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

I found this thread after posting in another, so thought I would post my issue here too. Though it doesn't sound like there is any option but to doctor.
All my events in my calendar lost their Google calendar affiliation and became "undefined" I deleted my Google calendar account and created a new one. When my calendar synched, I know have doubles and triples for some events, and some events don't show up at all. My Touchpad which synchs to the same account is just not showing the events that are missing, although in my web browser, they are all there.

Any idea how to fix this.

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
TimBoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 07:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

I had this problem on my Touchpad and it was related to having removed linked calendars of some co-workers from my work Google apps account. I did not use doctor to fix it, but rather removed my work Google account from the Touchpad completely. After confirming that it finished removing everything I ran the Backup app manually. I then waited two days (over a weekend) before adding my work Google account back to the Touchpad. Once everything finished syncing the ghosted calendar entries were completely gone.
WoodWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2012, 07:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sadly, I am having this undefined account issue as well. I wish we could get a fix for this!

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2012, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
I found this thread after posting in another, so thought I would post my issue here too. Though it doesn't sound like there is any option but to doctor.
All my events in my calendar lost their Google calendar affiliation and became "undefined" I deleted my Google calendar account and created a new one. When my calendar synched, I know have doubles and triples for some events, and some events don't show up at all. My Touchpad which synchs to the same account is just not showing the events that are missing, although in my web browser, they are all there.

Any idea how to fix this.
If you have sufficient patience, you can turn off all the known calendars and then go through and delete every single instance of an "undefined" calendar event. I recommend deleting your Google Calendar account before doing so, because otherwise the events seem to reappear sometimes. I found that the fastest way to do this was to use the fact that you can select individual events from week view if you have the Ubercalendar patch installed. That way you can look at a whole week at once, select an item, delete it, and automatically return back to the week view. It's a lot of work, but it does the trick!
Old 01/11/2012, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

If you have too many to manually delete, best method for me is to do an erase apps and data from the device info app.

Cleans out everything, Just make sure you removal all patches and themes before doing it.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

My TP has now had this phantom events issue. Instead of the events becoming "undefined" they show as HPWebOS calendar where I never have added any events. Will erasing all apps and data from the device info app require me to doctor my device? How will my apps be reinstalled? After the pain it was to delete all the individual events when this happened on my Pre2, I am hoping for a better option on my TP, or just doctor it and start all over. Again. Very frustrating.

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
Old 01/12/2012, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think you would have to turn off backups to get rid of the HP profile events.

Turn it off, remove all patches and themes. Then do the erase apps and data.
Old 01/12/2012, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hello frantid,
Thanks for all the work you do to enhance UC. I deleted my Google account, then went through and deleted all the "phantom" events that were associated with the WebOS account. That was a pain. I then ran the Backup program and the calendar was still clean, so I readded the Google account and all seems to be normal after Google finished synching. Since 3.0.5 is available, I have removed Google Synch Behavior Patch and UberCalendar along with my theme to be ready for when my TP might update without asking me like it did last time. Any idea when a 3.0.5 version of UC will be available? Thanks for all you do and for your always helpful advice.

Tim

Old 01/12/2012, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

It depends on how much they changed from the NDA version. I'll take a serious look tomorrow, maybe a day or two.
Thanked By: davidtm
Old 02/14/2012, 06:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hi,
I also have the same problem with these phantom events. Funny enough, it seems on my Pre2 this is caused by the "SyncFix for Stable Upload"-Patch, how knows...

At last I found a solution how to erase quickly lots of Calender-Events. I was inspired by the solution to delete contacts in this thread "Deleting ALL contacts in 2.1" and after some digging in webOS-Developer-Documentation (here, here and here) I figured out and testes successfully on my Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4 the following commands:

>> show calendars <<
luna-send -n 1 -f -a com.palm.app.calendar luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"select":["_id","_kind","name","visible"],"from":"com.palm.calendar:1"}}'

>> show and count all calendar events <<
luna-send -n 1 -f -a com.palm.app.calendar luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"select":["calendarId","subject","dtstart","allDay"],"from":"com.palm.calendarevent:1"},"count":true}'

>> delete all calendar events <<
luna-send -n 1 -f -a com.palm.app.calendar luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.calendarevent:1"}}'

>> show and count calendar events of a specific calendar<<
(insert for "++HqInh8vq4nLVgz" the ID of the desired calender, you got from the first query in this list)
luna-send -n 1 -f -a com.palm.app.calendar luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"select":["calendarId","subject","dtstart","allDay"],"from":"com.palm.calendarevent:1","where":[{"prop":"calendarId","op":"=","val":"++HqInh8vq4nLVgz"}]},"count":true}'

>> delete calendar events of a specific calendar<<
luna-send -n 1 -f -a com.palm.app.calendar luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.calendarevent:1","where":[{"prop":"calendarId","op":"=","val":"++HqInh8vq4nLVgz"}]}}'

These commands you have to enter on the Linux-command-line on your webOS-device. I guess most of you know how to do this, if not look in the forum or on webos-Internals site (I use Putty and SSH). But be careful when deleting. It is a good idea to disable all calender accounts first and reenable them after deleting all phantom events. And use the show and count commands to check if you are deleting the right things.

By the way:
I noticed that all events in the DB seem the have the same "dtstart"-value, which is a bit strange, anybody an explanation for that?

Ohh and maybe someone with webOS programming experience could try to combine the above querys in a little sript or even better a webOs-App...

Greetings from Germany
NewNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by chris42, gizmo21, WeeGee, Zeitisen
Old 02/14/2012, 08:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

as the "Accounts" Menu in Impostah is able to read these Account IDs and the "Capability: CALENDAR", it should really be possible to do such a thing.

Same is in Menu "Databases" -> Database Kind: calendar:1 -> QUERY

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0