1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago, the email program on my Pre- started acting up. After searching through the threads, I couldn't find any over people having the same problem,

Here's what is happening:
    - Email notifications are intermittent.
    - Preferences on a couple of the gmail accounts mysteriously change from sync as items arrive to every 15 minutes. These same accounts have the notification tone change from the system sound to mute.
    - If I open the mail program, the notificaitons work find, for a while.

I am really confused. I don't want to have to keep the email program running to get my notifications.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I've seen this weirdness when I was on webOS 2.1, don't know of a solution.

No problems on 1.4.5

Which webOS are you running?
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/12/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    I'm running 1.4.5.
    Somebody else will have to step in, I've not experienced this on 1.4.5.

What I might would try, prior to taking the doctor route, is delete all of your email accounts from the phone, maybe even go as far as removing them from other areas such as Calendar and Contacts. Then via the Email app add them back and reconfigure them. You may also have to go into Calendar and Contacts and add them back there as well. I seem to remember they don't get auto added in Calendar and Contacts after doing this procedure.

There may be some database corruption going on that your experiencing, which this may fix by rebuilding the data.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for trying, NachoB. It turned out the when I disabled Mode Switcher, everything started to work as it is supposed to.

I looked over all the settings in MS, and there was nothing that should have been causing an issue with the email program. I deleted MS and will try reinstalling this weekend to see if it still causes an issue.
    Ah, I guess that would make sense that MS was changing things. I haven't had a need for all the things it's capable of so I don't use it.
    I have test driven it before, but I never found a need to have things auto triggered on my phone based on my usage. I pretty much leave settings as they are.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #7  
    The only thing I had MS for was to turn down the screen brightness and sounds while on my touchstone between the hours of 11pm and 6am. It cut down on the light on my nightstand considerably and the noise of the email notifications.
    I'm having a similar problem - when I try to open my email it won't retrieve anything - the "spinny thingie" just keeps spinning.

This started happening today.

I have a Pre- upgraded to webOS 2.1

Think its a Gmail thing?

UPDATE: I'm noticing that my email syncs - once - when I reboot my phone, but that's it. Should I re-doctor my phone? Would that help?
    Last edited by jamescnmckinney; 04/14/2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Updated my post
    "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Asimov
    You know I am having some simliar issues with my email.
    And I recently went in to tweak with my Mode Switcher settings, too.
    I bechya that has something to do with it. Time to play with my settings again.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -