Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Just recently I am having problems getting emails form one of my gmail accounts. I can send out emails in my pre but i cannot get new emails. I have to remove the put back the account in question for me to get the new mail.

    I have another gmail account but it works ok.

    Anyone else have this problem? any solutions? suggestions?

    I have a VZW pre plus, meta doctored to 2.1.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  3. #3  
    Strange problems like this usually seem to be a disagreement between the email viewer and one of your emails... it is corrupted in some way, or contains something that the viewer (in this case your pre) stumbles on and stops when trying to load your inbox.

    The solution for that (IF that is what your problem is) is to deduce by way of when the problem started, which email is sitting in your inbox and causing you fits... the problem would have started pretty much immediately after you received it...

    Thats all I got for you buddy... if that isnt the problem I dont have any other thoughts on the problem.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the idea...

    well, what i did was I had my settings to sync "ALL" mail, i changed it to a year, then mail started to come in...

    i've always had that setting tho... oh well, at least i get my mail now.

    thanks
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  5. bhiranya's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #5  
    Hi, this is my first time posting, but I haven't been able to figure this problem out and its getting to be really frustrating.

    I have the exact same problem as johnj2803 where I have my default gmail account (which doesn't sync emails) and a google apps account which syncs fine.

    After much contemplation I decided to metadoctor webos 2.1 onto my verizon pre plus and that's when all my woes started. I am a Gmail heavy user and everything worked like a beauty in webos 1.4.5. The upgrade has been fine elsewhere (contacts, apps, etc.) but my mail just refuses to sync past a certain point (no re-sync after initial sync is the best I've got so far).

    Attempting to re-doctor and see if it will do anything. Will repost an update.
  6. bhiranya's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #6  
    Nothing doing. Still the same.

    Also I've noticed that when I send a test email out through gmail it puts a copy of the sent email in the inbox whereas when I send through google apps email then everything is fine (sent mail is in the proper label and not in the inbox). Anyone else having this issue or is it just me and perhaps my account?

    P.S. Just to reiterate, both accounts worked perfectly fine in webos 1.4.5 mail
  7.    #7  
    if you read what i did for a solution, there must be an email that is making the sync stop. try deleting emails that came after the problem started. or try setting a different sync date in the preferences too. that helped me. my gmail is working ok now.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  8. bhiranya's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #8  
    bluewanders: Don't know how you figured it out but that's some damn good deducing. Thanks a lot! (you too johnj2803)

    I was already trying your solution, its just that it took me for ever to find the right email (deleted quite a few, and I had the date set all the way down to 1 day). Not sure which email it was as of yet, but I'll try and see if I can gleen some more info as to why it was happening (i.e. how it got corrupted or hanged).
    Last edited by bhiranya; 03/31/2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention someone in the post :)
  9.    #9  
    im glad it worked out for you!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)

Posting Permissions