Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just update my Palm Pre Plus SFR WebOS version 2.1.
    Since this update I can no longer get my Yahoo mail: account setup works perfectly but mail sync do not work.
    However,
    * Sync contacts or calendar for the same account does not pose a problem;
    * Synchronization another email account works;

I tried to recreate the Yahoo account but nothing helped.

Would you have a track to solve my problem?

In advance thank you.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/24/2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    I am having the same problem I keep getting this error:

unspecified error 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

Has a solution ever been found?
    I too keep getting the error 1299 and have not found an answer. I have tried to recreate the account also to no avail. If anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated!
    For your interest.

I received this "unspecified error 1299" on my Yahoo account after trying to fix my Pre2 from doing unprompted luna resets. I followed the advice offered on the Palm Support page and did an Erase all Data. Once the phone booted up again I lost my Yahoo connectivity.

I've just finished a 3.5 hour chat session with Palm support and have done multiple Erase data runs as well doctoring my device and the issue has still not been resolved.

Palm/HP don't know how to fix this one.

So now I have a Pre2 that resets for no apparent reason AND I can't get my email on it. My first WebOS device. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    For your interest.

I received this "unspecified error 1299" on my Yahoo account after trying to fix my Pre2 from doing unprompted luna resets. I followed the advice offered on the Palm Support page and did an Erase all Data. Once the phone booted up again I lost my Yahoo connectivity.

I've just finished a 3.5 hour chat session with Palm support and have done multiple Erase data runs as well doctoring my device and the issue has still not been resolved.

Palm/HP don't know how to fix this one.

So now I have a Pre2 that resets for no apparent reason AND I can't get my email on it. My first WebOS device. Great!
    That happened to me exactly the same yesterday. As my NEW pre 2 got several luna reboots, while my yahoo messenger was online, I thought okay it will be fine again. then it was strange, everytime I tried to login or it automatically logged in, I always got a luna reboot. since then I pulled my battery and deactivated my wifi connection. problem with luna reboot solved. after that I put my wifi on again and tried to log me in. I got and error. my passwort and ID were not right. ok a retyped my login data again. since then I got this yahoo problem. Can't receive emails, can't use my yahoo IM. Glad to know that a erase data function wouldnt solve this problem, because that was the next step I wanted to do.....

Note: I also have a pre- tried it there. There is the same issue. so its not a pre 2 issue. I think it's yahoo or the the webos itself
    Thats weird that you all have problems with Yahoo mail. Mine works fine. I dont think its a webOS issue.
    You can manually sign up yahoo mail account:
    1 .- Add new mail account (not yahoo account)
    2 .- Server configuration:

Account type: IMAP

Incoming Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: your email, but without "@yahoo.com", only the first part.
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Outgoing Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: if
    Username: your email
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 465
    Thanks for the quick fix for this issue cpeinado - at least I can check my emails!

However, the Yahoo! sync functionality is just not working at all, which means Contacts and Calender are still not available on my NEW Palm Pre 2! ;-(( Like user:completethought my error is:

unspecified error 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

and like user:thirst, I have also had a 2.5 hour Support Chat with Palm and they still cannot fix the issue with Yahoo! provider in the Palm Pre 2.

I have tried:
    a Data Erase with Existing Profile - still error
    a data Erase with a NEW Profile - still error
    revoking access rights on my Yahoo! Account Page to Palm Synergy and Services for Palm, deleting Yahoo! account on palm and re-creating - still error

This is SO FRUSTRATING, as my previous Palm Pre 2 worked perfectly with the Yahoo! services, and its so convenient to have your Yahoo contacts and calender syncing with your Palm.

Therefore, can the following users in this thread

Luihart
    thirst
    completethought
    and, importantly: jsgraphicart

supply the following details of their Palm Pre 2 (found in Device Information - More Information)

Model Number: xxx
    Hardware Version: xxx
    Firmware: xxx
    HP webOS: xxx

Mine are:

Model Number: P102UEU
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CU0.5.72(5036)
    HP webOS: 2.1.0

I'm just wondering if the issue is related to an actual Palm Pre and/or webOS version. If it is, by providing these details, we may be able to identify a batch/version to avoid. And get a refund or replacement!

Hopefully this can be solved soon!

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix for this issue cpeinado - at least I can check my emails!

However, the Yahoo! sync functionality is just not working at all, which means Contacts and Calender are still not available on my NEW Palm Pre 2! ;-(( Like user:completethought my error is:

and like user:thirst, I have also had a 2.5 hour Support Chat with Palm and they still cannot fix the issue with Yahoo! provider in the Palm Pre 2.

I have tried:
    a Data Erase with Existing Profile - still error
    a data Erase with a NEW Profile - still error
    revoking access rights on my Yahoo! Account Page to Palm Synergy and Services for Palm, deleting Yahoo! account on palm and re-creating - still error

This is SO FRUSTRATING, as my previous Palm Pre 2 worked perfectly with the Yahoo! services, and its so convenient to have your Yahoo contacts and calender syncing with your Palm.

Therefore, can the following users in this thread

Luihart
    thirst
    completethought
    and, importantly: jsgraphicart

supply the following details of their Palm Pre 2 (found in Device Information - More Information)

Model Number: xxx
    Hardware Version: xxx
    Firmware: xxx
    HP webOS: xxx

Mine are:

Model Number: P102UEU
    HP webOS: 2.1.0

I'm just wondering if the issue is related to an actual Palm Pre and/or webOS version. If it is, by providing these details, we may be able to identify a batch/version to avoid. And get a refund or replacement!

Hopefully this can be solved soon!

Thanks.
    ok as we all have the same problem, it's good to know, because it's not the users fault, that it isn't working.

JerryD I don't think that will help much. As I said, I tried it also on my pre - on another account, which is not a problem with our Pre 2's I think. my pre - never has any problems, until this yahoo synergy problem.

But I think it doesn't hurt to post the details of our pre's.
    so here it is:

Model No. : P102UEU (EU -Version)
    Of course the HP WebOS 2.1
    This is the error, it seems to be fairly widespreed and nothing to do with Palm/webOS.
    I added a Gmail account just to check and that works fine.

Has anyone contacted Yahoo! ?
    I can confirm this is the error you get trying to access email using the in-built Yahoo! account function in webOS 2.1.0 on a Palm Pre 2. I have not contacted Yahoo! regarding this issue - I am still awaiting a response from my Palm Support Chat.

However, my previous Palm Pre 2 had NO issue at all connecting to Yahoo!, nor any issue with the storing of Bookmarks. Now, on a brand new Palm Pre 2 I have BOTH.

Its so frustrating. I'm not a betting man - but if I were, my money is on webOS as the problem - not Yahoo!
    I stopped use the Yahoo since the mobile version gave me this error when I try to acess the mail page, showing error in my PrPrPr $2$ $too$ (click in picture to go until mobile site):

So, I configured my live mail account to receive my messages from Yahoo mail and forgave my account...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    For my sins I have 2 Palm Pre 2's.
    I got the spare one out just now and tried to configure my Yahoo! account through that - exactly the same issue.
    I have raised this with Yahoo! and linked this thread over on their forum.
    It would nice if someone said it was/wasn't their issue, just to narrow it down by 50%
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I have three Yahoo accounts on my Pre+ running 2.1. Two of them sync just fine, one gets the 1299 error.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I'm getting the same issues.
    Hi guys.

I had the same problem and error messages. I solved it like this:

1. Delete your yahoo accounts from Pre
    2. Create new accout (no!! yahoo mail account but ordinary mail account)
    3. Type your mailadresse & password
    4. Set up manually:
    Inbox: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    User: your user without "@yahoo.com"
    Pass: your pass
    SSL active
    Port: 993

-----
    Outbox

smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Authentification active
    User Name: your user without "@yahoo.com"
    Pass: your pass
    encryption: no
    Port: 25

---

This works fine with my Pre. You will not have calendar, messaging & contacts from your yahoo account. But compared to the problems occured be4 this seems to be the smaller sh.....

Hope this is helpful 2 u.

Yours

map_1961
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I have three Yahoo accounts on my Pre+ running 2.1. Two of them sync just fine, one gets the 1299 error.
    Hey GHT,

I work for Yahoo! and have posted in a few other threads about people getting this error. Can you PM me just the Y!ID of the account that is having the 1299 error? I am working with Engineering and they need a few IDs to test with.

-Grand
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Mine's busted too since upgrading to 2.1.

I can send mail just fine, but no Inbox. In the Yahoo Mail settings on the Pre 2 it won't let me remove the @yahoo.com from my incoming mail settings. Once I did that on the outgoing, I could send. No idea if it's related.

I sent grandmastem a PM with my account details. Let's hope this gets fixed, it kind of ruins the phone.
    this started happening to me ever since I upgraded my yahoo mail to the new yahoo mail when I logged in to the website. Not the yahoo plus just the regular upgrade they make you do when you log in on the computer. I am pretty positive that is the cause. My other 2 yahoo accounts work and they have yet to be upgraded.

Any body else who is getting this problem recently upgrade?
    sstlthy likes this.
    Getting same error message and unable to receive Yahoo mail on my Palm Pre2 since a recent update.

Have written to Yahoo support will let you all know how they respond.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast