Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    this started happening to me ever since I upgraded my yahoo mail to the new yahoo mail when I logged in to the website. Not the yahoo plus just the regular upgrade they make you do when you log in on the computer. I am pretty positive that is the cause. My other 2 yahoo accounts work and they have yet to be upgraded.

Any body else who is getting this problem recently upgrade?
    I also did this and didnt think about it.

I also uninstalled uberkernal and installed F105. Could have been a coincidence.

I then uninstalled F105 and went back to uberkernal and still no dice.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Same issues here with my new Pre2. I am ready to dump Yahoo and go Google.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I definitely think this is a 2.1 issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my yahoo account and still nothing.

I added my account to my wife's pre (1.4.5) and my yahoo account poped up with no issues, synced perfectly. I went into the manual setup and copied everything down.

Went back to me pre, (using 2.1), added my account again, and got the dreaded error. I then tried the manual setup and got the error again.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I can use my Yahoo account on my Touchpad, but not on my FrankenPrePlus with Webos 2.1.0. Always used it on my Pre Plus before.
    same issue.
    had a pre plus on vzw running metadoctored 2.1, no problem with two yahoo accounts...except one just stopped checking mail on its own 10 days ago, other worked fine.

I since upgraded to the pre 2 on vzw, and I get the 1299 error on both of my yahoo accounts. Its maddingly frustrating.
    I thought I was alone.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I had been holding onto my upgrade waiting for the Pre 3 <sigh>, but, in frustration finally got the Pre 2. I wanted Flash Player!! It worked great for two days, then I thought, "Hmm, I'll check for updates!" I did the update to 2.1... NO SOUND! It wouldn't ring, I couldn't listen to music, NOTHING!! No notification sounds! Argh!! I was on the phone for 3.5 hours with 2 Verizon techs -- they suggested everything you guys have all posted, all to no avail. Also, my mail stopped working (Yahoo). I got the same error message everyone has quoted above. I deleted my Yahoo mail account and opened a generic one which worked fine, I was getting and sending my e-mail, but, it didn't sync my mail, calendar, etc. SO frustrating! The second tech I talked to said something about this version 2.1 not working with Yahoo mail. Ya think? After the sound problem and no Yahoo mail, I gave up and sent it back in on the Worry Free Guarantee and went back to my good-old reliable Pre Plus. I'll miss everything it did that the Pre Plus doesn't, but, all in all, my Pre Plus is a great phone. Only no Flash player I am still holding out hope for the Pre 3.
    Last edited by wahoogirl; 09/23/2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: wanted to put in about the error message
    if the 1299 error is your problem, please see my tip of the day "fix" here: Workaround to fix the Yahoo email 1299 Error | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    you are not alone. might have to stop using my yahoo account and transfer all future messages to Gmail.
    someone PLEASE fix the yahoo mail issue. I've tried all of the above recommendations and those from the precentral's front page article, as well as yahoo's advice- nothing seems to work. Either get 1299 error or the accts just don't sync on my pre2.
    had no problem on pre plus or my touchpad.
    My AT&T Pre 2 Unlocked worked just fine with Yahoo until just a few days ago when I had to do a Doctor reinstall for another reason. Now I too get the 1299 error.

What would a Doctor reload have done to make this start?

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks
    any updates on this? I too have a pre2 on att and started getting the error on last week
    I got a Verizon pre+ with 2.1 installed. It worked all fine with Yahoo mail till I changed my password of yahoo on my PC. I started to get authentication issue (yellow triangle). After some attempt of changing parameters and using carriage return, I finally got the 1299 error now. Very frustrated.
    The following is a very good work around. I got thru and now I can see my yahoo mail.

http://www.precentral.net/workaround...ail-1299-error
    my pre2 used to work perfectly. All of a sudden I got this error today
    Quote Originally Posted by jameslxu View Post
    The following is a very good work around. I got thru and now I can see my yahoo mail.

Workaround to fix the Yahoo email 1299 Error | webOS Nation
    I had the same problem with my new Pre 2. The workaround in jameslxu's post fixed it. Thanks!
    I have three Yahoo accounts on my Pre+ running 2.1. Two of them sync just fine, one gets the 1299 error.
    Works like a charm!!

Quote Originally Posted by cpeinado View Post
    You can manually sign up yahoo mail account:
    1 .- Add new mail account (not yahoo account)
    2 .- Server configuration:

Account type: IMAP

Incoming Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: your email, but without "@yahoo.com", only the first part.
    Password: your password.
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Outgoing Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: if
    Username: your email
    Port: 465
    For the outgoing server, I had to remove the "palm" portion of the server designation, so it's just "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
    This worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeinado View Post
    You can manually sign up yahoo mail account:
    1 .- Add new mail account (not yahoo account)
    2 .- Server configuration:

Account type: IMAP

Incoming Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: your email, but without "@yahoo.com", only the first part.
    Port: 993

Outgoing Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: if
    Username: your email
    Port: 465
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast