1.    #1  
    When adding a new event to the calendar, I only have the option to choose either my default google calendar or the Palm Profile calendar. The additional google calendars are viewable but cannot be added to. This is a new behavior since upgrading to webOS 2.1 ... has anyone else noticed this and if so, is it correctable?
  2.    #2  
    I guess I should say that it is loading the additional google calendars as read-only since I just realized that I can't change any of the existing events either.
    Check in the calendar app for each account, and see if you have them set up to include calendar. If that is off, or the internet calendar hasn't been configured for mobile, it won't show up as an option. I'm able to do it on my phone, so it's got to be something in how the web account is configured, or how the phone is configured to sync with it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Check in the calendar app for each account, and see if you have them set up to include calendar. If that is off, or the internet calendar hasn't been configured for mobile, it won't show up as an option. I'm able to do it on my phone, so it's got to be something in how the web account is configured, or how the phone is configured to sync with it.
    I don't understand ... I only have one google account setup on the Pre that has several calendars in the account. They do display on the Pre but must be set as read-only somehow. I haven't changed anything since upgrading to 2.1 and it worked fine on 1.4.5

I just went in and setup the mobile notification option in the google account, but it doesn't seem to me that that would make any difference since this is a calendar sync we're talking about and not mobile access through the web browser.
    ah, that's the reason. The event is assigned to the gmail account, not the secondary calendars that you can include. I thought you had more than one account. If you did, you can move appointments from one to the other.
  6.    #6  
    Right. But in 1.4.5 I could assign to any of the secondary calendars I wanted to with no problem. This is a new behavior that is not making me very happy.
    I didn't recall being able to do that in 1.4.5

Are the sub calendars from your account, or someone else? I'll try to duplicate is on 1.4.5 and 2.0
  8.    #8  
    They are all my own calendars. Believe me when I say that it worked just fine on 1.4.5 ... It has been a major part of my workflow for the last 1.5 years!

Now I've got to add the event to my default calendar (and I mean the default calendar in my google account when I say that) and then remember to change the event to the proper calendar once I get back to a computer. Not the best change to what was a very elegant solution for my business.

Thanks for looking into it on your end.
    OK, I used a different Gmail account. I was able add and change events from one calendar to the other and back. So the function you need is working for me on webOS 2.0.1
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/23/2011 at 11:45 PM.
    I'm experiencing the same issue with a secondary calendar within one of my google accounts.

Sprint Pre
    webOS 2.1
    Google Accounts: G1 (1 calendar), G2 (2 calendars), G3 (1 calendar), G4 (1 calendar).

Google Account G2 has 2 calendars: Primary (G2-P) and Secondary (G2-S)

In 1.4.5, I could add and change events with the secondary (G2-S) calendar. Now, in 2.1 as BaddestCross stated, the events cannot be changed to/from the secondary (G2-S) calendar, nor can I create a new event for the secondary (G2-S) calendar. When creating a new event, the G2-S calendar is not available in the drop-down list. When editing an existing event in the G2-S calendar, the drop-down list is shown but non-functional (tapping makes it "blink", but does not show drop-down list).

The only webOS modifications I can perform to G2-S calendar is in the Calendar View options (change color, include in All).

Again, calendar G2-S events were editable in 1.4.5, but now I cannot create events or edit them for this secondary calendar in 2.1.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Added a new 2nd calendar to my G1 account, get same results. Argh.
    I see pandas.
  11.    #11  
    At least I know I'm not alone ...
    Yeah, just tried re-doctoring 2.1.0 and still no dice... /sigh

I think I hosed something else...
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    FWIW, I have multiple calendars on one google account and I can create and edit events on any of the calendars. This used to work with 1.4.5 and it DOES work for me with 2.1.0.

If you go into "share this calendar" (on google) do you see yourself in the list of specific people allowed to manage and change the calendar? I do. I wonder if that isn't always there? Obviously it should be because it is a sub calendar of that account, but its worth checking. If you change it, I wouldn't expect WebOS to notice immediately.

On WebOS, in the "Calendar View Options" do you have each of the subcalendars set to display in "All Calendars" view?

Are you in the "ALL" view mode? (Pulldown on the date bar at the top.)

That's all I can think of.

Dave
    Dave,
    thanks for those ideas. Unfortunately, my replies are all yes, I have checked those. I even tried creating a new secondary calendar on another google account (google apps, btw) and same results.
    I see pandas.
    weird because I just went back and re-ran your scenarios and it still works for me.

maybe you can stop by a vzw store and put your accounts on their demo phone to test... ?
    if sprint does that, maybe I could... =P

Just a 45 min drive one-way,, so that will have to wait until Monday, unfortunately.

thanks for the idea.
    I see pandas.
    An added note: I have two Pres one with 1.4.5, one with 2.1.0. Both Pres use the SAME google secondary calendar.

1.4.5 Pre: calendars work as expected, secondary google calendar can be edited, new events can be created.

2.1.0 Pre: secondary google calendar can NOT be edited or create new events.
    I see pandas.
    SOLVED!

First, do you have a Google account or a Google Apps (GA) account? If GA account AND sharing to email accounts outside of GA, then your GA administrator needs to change Settings/Calendar/Sharing Options/Outside [GA account name] - set user ability: select "Share all information, and outsiders can change calendars"

Second, sign out of Google, then clear browser history (cookies, etc). Restart browser, then go to your Calendar sharing settings, and change or verify you have selected "Make changes to events" or "Make changes AND manage sharing".

Link to Google forum discussion: I cant save new appointments. My save button wont save!.. - Calendar Help
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    2.1.0 Pre: secondary google calendar can NOT be edited or create new events.
    It's a big topic in google forums.
    Vote for the feature here: Google Moderator