1.    #1  
    Good morning all,

I managed to have 3x duplicate contacts after my upgrade to 2.1 (probably my fault), so I want to delete all of them and re-sync, to get a fresh set of non-duplicated contacts.

Is there a reliable way of deleting contacts en masse from the Palm Profile?

thanks.
    +1, also looking to do this
    I would like to delete all contacts and the entire calendar so I can start over with data transfer and syncing
    IMO there is no solution yet. I looked into this and can tell you what NOT to do. Don't boot after deleting an account. Wait a few hours. Otherwise contacts for the deleted account will stay floating around. It is one source of multiple entries for the same contact.

My hope is that Impossah will offer deleting all contacts, since they already implemented scanning the webOS 2.x database for all contacts. For just a few contacts you can 'swipe and swipe'. That is just swipe then don't wait, but swipe another contact. That saves tapping on all delete questions. You will feel/hurt your wrists if you try to delete many contacts that way.
    I want to delete all my contacts as well. They are not on google or facevook etc. They are on the palm profile and I have over 400 contacts which is plain painful to do one by one.

I have found this page that explains with sql but I cannot locate the database itself

Remove All Palm Pre Contacts - Asymptomatic

This really makes no sense, I mean having no ability to wipeout contacts(no I do not want to doctor my device to delete contacts)

thanks
    there are multiple databases in 2.1 instead of a single file. I'd open a chat session with palm and ask them to delete them. AND NEVER PUT CONTACTS OR CALENDAR INFO IN THE PALM PROFILE because of problems like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there are multiple databases in 2.1 instead of a single file. I'd open a chat session with palm and ask them to delete them. AND NEVER PUT CONTACTS OR CALENDAR INFO IN THE PALM PROFILE because of problems like this.
    Thanks, learned a lesson here
    Hi,
    is Impossah supporting delete of all contacts in webos 2.2.0 on a pre3 ?

I'm having the same issue and its driving me crazy...

See also:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...d-entries.html

Thanks
    I did some clean-up on my contacts by using luna-send and db8 services.
    Ref: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...-examples.html

On the device, a dump of all the contacts:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.contact:1","where":[{"prop":"_id","op":"%","val":""}]}}' > contacts.json

Then parse the json file, make a list of ids to remove, and send a delete:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"ids":["$id1","$id2","$idx"]}'

If you want to do a full wipe of contacts, it seems it's possible in one command but I didn't try it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pointers on the luna-send commands. I had a bunch of contacts with profiles from contact accounts that did not exist anymore. I used the following commands to clear out my webOS contacts:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.contact:1"}}'
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.person:1"}}'
    The procedure I used was as follows:
    1. Remove all contacts accounts from my phone
    2. Run the above luna-send commands (I used the novaterm method Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals NOTE: The article sais you need the Palm SDK, but you don't. Just unzip the files into any directory and run from there.). At this point there are no contacts or profiles on my phone.
    3. Re-add contacts accounts back to the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by erosen03 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers on the luna-send commands. I had a bunch of contacts with profiles from contact accounts that did not exist anymore. I used the following commands to clear out my webOS contacts:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.contact:1"}}'
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.person:1"}}'
    The procedure I used was as follows:
    1. Remove all contacts accounts from my phone
    2. Run the above luna-send commands (I used the novaterm method Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals NOTE: The article sais you need the Palm SDK, but you don't. Just unzip the files into any directory and run from there.). At this point there are no contacts or profiles on my phone.
    3. Re-add contacts accounts back to the phone
    When I run the second line of that code, I get {"errorCode":-3963, "errorText":"db: permission denied","returnvalue":false}
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    When I run the second line of that code, I get {"errorCode":-3963, "errorText":"db: permission denied","returnvalue":false}
    Impostah did the trick:
    Database -> Database Set: Persistent, Database Kind: person:1 -> Query -> AppMenu -> Delete all Items
    This will empty your Contact-List, be sure to disable the syncing of contacts in all accounts (Exchange, facebook etc). After deleting the contacts simply enable the contacts in your accounts.
    Last edited by phiop; 04/20/2012 at 04:32 AM.
    I had orphaned contacts and events in calendar. Did the luna start cmds and it didn't not resolve. based on the above, stepped through Impostah and viola! contacts gone. resynched with ACT! via CompanionLink and all and only contacts I want are there. Thanks once again WebOS Internals. You and the community make my FrankenPre2 rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by rabsmd View Post
    I did some clean-up on my contacts by using luna-send and db8 services.
    Ref: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...-examples.html

On the device, a dump of all the contacts:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.contact:1","where":[{"prop":"_id","op":"%","val":""}]}}' > contacts.json

Then parse the json file, make a list of ids to remove, and send a delete:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.contacts luna://com.palm.db/del '{"ids":["$id1","$id2","$idx"]}'

If you want to do a full wipe of contacts, it seems it's possible in one command but I didn't try it.
    I'll try these commands as a start for a account change of contact entries, which is only possible in calendar app right now, but not in contacts. Thx for pointing out

refers to this thread:

Code:
    Contacts (on-the-fly not possible):
    --------------
    The bad thing is, you can't do the sameon the fly convert in contacts. No account changing and no copy function there.

Does someone know a method to "batch convert" all events/contacts on the webOS device from one account to a new one - let's say 'Palm Profile' to 'Zarafa'?
    Best would be a simple interface to select source account (for contacts/calendar) and destination account and perhaps a checkbox if it should copy or move the events/contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by phiop View Post
    Impostah did the trick:
    Database -> Database Set: Persistent, Database Kind: person:1 -> Query -> AppMenu -> Delete all Items
    This will empty your Contact-List, be sure to disable the syncing of contacts in all accounts (Exchange, facebook etc). After deleting the contacts simply enable the contacts in your accounts.
    Awesome!! Can't thank you enough!!