Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I just noticed a "new" issue with my calendar on my AT&T Pre+, running 1.4.5, both with and without Ubercalendar installed. The problem also occurs on my wife's AT&T Pixi+ running 1.4.5.

1) Create new repeating event on the Pre weekly at 2pm (the interval doesn't seem to matter).

2) The event appears at 2pm for 2 weeks, then jumps to 3pm AFTER MARCH 13, when Daylight Saving Time begins in the US.

3) Sync

4) Go to Google Calendar on the web - appointment shows up at the correct time and repeat interval, but with a time zone marked - America/Detroit. I'm in NY (which is also Eastern Time), and my Google account is set to NY - EST.

5) Why does either Google or the Pre think the event is being created in a different Time Zone?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hmmm...apparently the Pre+ and Pixi+ are picking up my "network time zone" as Detroit...good job AT&T!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Not surprisingly, the event seems to be created correctly now that I manually set my time zone. Has anyone experienced this?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Not surprisingly, the event seems to be created correctly now that I manually set my time zone. Has anyone experienced this?
    Yes, I had this problem last year: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rect-time.html.
    I live in St Paul Minnesota and the network time zone on my Sprint Pre is picking up Denver Colorado. I had to manually set it to Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Yes, I had this problem last year
    My issue was that when I created new calendars in Google it set them with no timezone/DST! Even though the default settings have timezone/DST set.
    Last edited by determinedd; 03/17/2011 at 02:30 PM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    My issue was that when I created new calendars in Google it set them with no timezone/DST! Even though the default settings have timezone/DST set.
    I had this issue too. Good catch!
    Most of the time time zone is set automatically by the network and calendar entries are
    converted to local time. But still you are getting this kind of problem, I think you should disable auto time update from the network.