1.    #1  
    Long story short.... My buddy has two Facebook profiles, because he forgot the passwd to the original profile.

His original profile has his old number, which now belongs to someone else.

No matter what I do, when linking the multiple "Jim Bob" contacts, the old number is always on top. I can't move it out of the way, I can't edit the number, I can't delete the number.. because it's on FB.

If I unlink the profile, the likelihood of someone else or myself tapping the old number, which I am sick and tired of accidentally calling... remains the same.

I have unfriended his old FB account... but I have this sneaky suspicion that it's not going to help me out much, since the old FB profile is already Synergized in my Palm Profile.

Only thing I can think of doing is deleting the FB account from my Palm Profile and then linking my contacts again. Is this the only solution??

This is such a huge mess for what should be an obviously simple solution.
    Make a dummy contact named "Zzzzz", then link all unwanted profiles/numbers to that contact.
    Since you unfriended his old account, it will disappear off your phone. I can't tell you WHEN, but within a couple days I'm certain it'll be gone.
    I have proof of that on my phone.
    Resync your contacts, it should update and remove it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    you need to unlink it from any other acounts and then re-sync it should go away then
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Resync your contacts, it should update and remove it.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    you need to unlink it from any other acounts and then re-sync it should go away then
    I had already tried that and it didn't work.

I guess I'll just wait and see if it goes away on its own.
  7.    #7  
    It did go away on it's own, BTW.

It took about 4 to 6 hours, but it happened. It probly needed to wait for Facebook's servers, which is why the Sync didn't work right away.