Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if webOS 2.0+ supports, or plans to support the CalDAV standard? My wife is totally into the Apple ecosystem, and MobileMe recently switched to CalDAV for their calendars. I'd like to be able to subscribe to them, but I can't figure out a way to make it work on my Pre+ with 1.4.5

Thanks,

Matt
    I found this thread on the webOS developer's forum, Forums webOS • View topic - CalDav

...but they don't have much information either. I'd love to know more about this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Does anyone know if webOS 2.0+ supports, or plans to support the CalDAV standard? My wife is totally into the Apple ecosystem, and MobileMe recently switched to CalDAV for their calendars. I'd like to be able to subscribe to them, but I can't figure out a way to make it work on my Pre+ with 1.4.5

Thanks,

Matt
    CalDAV: CalDAV Calendar Sync Share Comment
    Sync your Google Calendar with your Apple device (including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch) and always have your schedule at your fingertips.

Note: You can also use Google Sync to sync your Calendar and Contacts. It is possible to run CalDAV sync and Google Sync simultaneously.
    Requirements

Syncing via CalDAV is only available for Apple devices running software version 3.0 or above. Learn more about checking the software version on your device.

Getting Started

To sync with your device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
    2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    3. Select Add Account...
    4. Select Other.
    5. Select Add CalDAV Account.
    6. Enter your account information:
      • In the Server field, enter [ google.com ]
      • In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
      • In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
      • In the Description field, enter the name you'd like to appear on the account.
    7. Select Next at the top of your screen.

After you've completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device and syncing will automatically begin.

By default only your primary calendar will be synced to your device. You can sync additional calendars by visiting the following page from any web browser:

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect
    (Google Apps users can go to https://www.google.com/calendar/host...n/iphoneselect, replacing 'your_domain' with your actual domain name.)
    Select the calendars you'd like to sync, and click Save. The selected calendars will display on your device at the time of the next sync.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...?answer=151674
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks for the iPhone calDAV instructions, but I don't see how that helps with the Pre+

Basically, until HP/Palm gets off it's rear, I guess it's not possible.

--Matt

Thanks,

Matt
    Is it possible to subscribe to them using Google cal, and then sync that cal to the Pre? I do that with calendars. It's not true sync in that it's one direction, but it wasn't clear whether you needed that ability.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
    Thanks for the iPhone calDAV instructions, but I don't see how that helps with the Pre+

Basically, until HP/Palm gets off it's rear, I guess it's not possible.

--Matt
    ? That will sync to google calendar.. And you add THAT calendar to your pre.. Maybe I misunderstood your question.. Didn't you want to get in on your wifes cal?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Does anyone know if webOS 2.0+ supports, or plans to support the CalDAV standard? My wife is totally into the Apple ecosystem, and MobileMe recently switched to CalDAV for their calendars. I'd like to be able to subscribe to them, but I can't figure out a way to make it work on my Pre+ with 1.4.5 Matt
    Matt, I work for a company in just this situation, they are all mac users. So the easiest way to deal with this, is to still have a GCAL account (import all your iCal data to this account), then on the macs, go to iCal->Preferences->Accounts and set up a caldav account that points at the GCAL.

The mac users generally would have no idea that the "master" calendar is now a GCAL calendar, they can also still use mobileme if they want, but it's not necessary as iPhone do caldav pretty well.

Obviously, you just sync your palm to GCAL :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Ok, now I get it - thanks everyone for the info.

--Matt
    They better clear this mess soon...
    According to their SDK announcement, and the Calendar app accounts page, devs will be able to create additional calendar, contacts and messaging plugins. I'm hoping for ics support since day one. Missing Sync was the worst spent 40 bucks ever. I hope greg will be able to port his IM plugins to the new APIs, and maybe someone accomplishes a custom-server-one-or-two-way-ics-syncing-solution-plugin using the new APIs. I'll gladly donate if anyone can confirm that the plugin APIs work on a two-oned Pre-.

cheers

edit
    Sorry for miscredit, greg...
    Would love to see CalDAV support for MobileMe (and other CalDAV calendars besides Google Calendar) in future webOS devices (doubt there will ever be an update for us original Pre 1.4.5 users).

For now, I'm staying local in iCal to keep The Missing Sync option of syncing to my Pre (I rely heavily on Tasks and there is not a current option for Google Tasks - no API yet)
    For enterprise users CalDav support is key, for those companies using zimbra there are no options to maintain our work calendars on the Pre. This really kills me, I can not maintain duplicate calendars on GCal for all the things at my job.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Is it possible to subscribe to them using Google cal, and then sync that cal to the Pre? I do that with calendars. It's not true sync in that it's one direction, but it wasn't clear whether you needed that ability.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

Do you realize the number of problems WebOS users are having with Google calendar these days?!?

Do a search on this site.
    And while we're at it why can't a WebOS user send out a calendar appointment?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    And while we're at it why can't a WebOS user send out a calendar appointment?!?
    works when using exchange.
    Any chance someone work on that?
    I'm not a developer, but I would pay for a CalDav (and CardDav btw) plugin, as I did on Android.
    I don't want to use Google services.
    rgloor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bichenoubi View Post
    I'm not a developer, but I would pay for a CalDav (and CardDav btw) plugin, as I did on Android.
    It's not even an option for me to use Google's calendar as my organization uses Mac OS X Server's built in calendaring. It's unfortunate that webOS still lacks CalDav support (and may not ever get it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by bichenoubi View Post
    Word up. I do not want to rely on Google services for every frigging thing on earth. I would be happy to pay for caldav support as well.

thanks
    Howdy,

is there any news on this topic? I desperately need calDav. I cannot route my company appointments through google. I would even pay for the calDav sync app/patch. It's so sad that this is no native feature in most of the modern devices. Some "caldav-link to exchange interface" tool or web service would do too but I can find "exchange to caldav" stuff, only

Cheers,
    Stefan
    I'm still local calendar on my iCal, even I recently switched over to iCloud for Mail and Reminders (tasks). I'm able to sync my tasks (one way) via The Missing Sync app for my Pre- and TouchPad (using Flick Tasks). I still sync my local calendar to Google Calendar, so that is able to be attached to my TouchPad as well.

If I ever moved my calendar to iCloud, which does have CalDAV support, there are other platforms that can attach that calendar. Waiting for TouchPad support on this.

We just recently saw the 3.0.4 update, which means it's possible for additional features to be added in future updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast