1.    #1  
    I am having issues syncing contacts with my default Gmail account. Basically, I corrected a phone number on my Gmail account. I then chose sync now in the contact app. The number did not show up corrected on my Pixi. Shouldn't my contacts sync both ways?
    yes, they should. How many contacts do you have? Also, make sure you have gmail set to 'as arrives' for mail delivery n the email app preferences.

try a quick test. In the email app, remove that account. Wait until you don't see the contacts listed in the contact app. If you have lots of contacts, it could take a few minutes.

the add the account back to the phone. Make a change on the phone and see if it syncs. It could take a few minutes to show up because gmail seems to be flaky sometimes, evn when using a pc...

if it doesn't sync completely when you add the account after 10 or 15 minutes... Restart your phone. That seems to initiate a sync effort for cloud accounts.
  3.    #3  
    I just had another issue. I added an event to my Gmail calendar. It does not show up on my calendar app. I even tapped sync now.
    I've noticed that it takes a little bit for the two to catch up with each other. Not sure exactly how long--I just walk away and do something else. Next time I look, they're up-to-date.

I don't even bother with the Sync Now button because it doesn't seem to do anything. Then again, my calendar is pretty loaded and I have over 500 contacts.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    From other threads, I have learned not to have any special characters in the contact name. That seems to make it stop syncing.

I have also discovered that sometimes Google doesn't put new contacts in "My Contacts" but in "Other Contacts". These will not sync.

I have over 1200 contacts and once I did the two things above, they all sync perfectly.

I have had some weird things happen with my calendar. It seems to be hit or miss with some events syncing and others don't. The only consistent glitch I have noticed is with reoccurring events. If I edit just one of them, all but that one will disappear off my phone. They are still in Google calendar but wont sync until I make some change in the whole series.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    FYI, one other thing to try -- the calendar problem happens for me occasionally: closing / re-opening the calendar app helps sometimes. Other times, a full reboot helps. Seems like occasionally WebOS gets stuck with a bad data cache or something along those lines.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  7.    #7  
    The calendar never would sync. I finally restarted the phone. That worked. The calendar is synced now. I was a little panicked. I have started to heavily rely on Synergy.