Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Starting last night my Pre started having trouble syncing with Gmail. The calender and Contacts sync fine but the email wouldn't sync and the mail app was loading really slow. I removed the Gmail account totally from the phone. (Contacts, calender, and email) to clear everything out and then added the account back in.

Now the mail app is working normal speed again and if you tap on the top bar it knows how many emails are in the inbox and how many are unread. But it will only show the last 5 emails I received. If I delete on of the 5 emails then the next older email shows up so it can get to the older ones just fine. Any suggestions what to try next?
    How many emails is it syncing?

If you have tons of them, it could create problems.

I only had it run slow on the Pre, whenever I had really long email chats going with someone. The Pre always bogged, after awhile.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Also, what is the setting for how much mail to retain, and how to get email. You should make sure that is set to "as it arrives"
    Also, make sure deleted items aren't piling up!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thank you for the help.

After archiving my inbox I was able to get the inbox working but the all mail folder would not. Finally found an email that it didn't like. Deleted that and all is good now.