Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I was thinking of this option because this is how iOS does it. Has anyone tried this?
  2.    #22  
    Another reflection before I try this... I was thinking there may have been something wrong with my gmail but I just remembered that I added an event on Pre into my outlook account and it didn't reflect on my desktop. ANd this outlook account was added via the Exchange option.

So something is wrong in my Pre. I checked the settings and default account is NO the Palm Profile, should I check anywhere else?

Anyhow I'll give it a go.
    I am an owner of 1 palm pre, 3 palm pixi, and one palm pre 2.

Syncing in palm webos 1.4.5 is PERFECT.

And i can confirm it's a problem with webos 2.0.
    I have tried numerous fixes adding deleting accounts. I got it to sync 2 way for a while but after which the problem of data entered to Pre2 not syncing to google resurfaced. changes on pre also won't sync to google. and on the pre2 there is multiple instances of the same contact.

I have decided to wait until the next update. No point stressing. There is obviously a buy in the firmware. I suspect that's why webos2.0 is not rolled out to other devices too.
  4.    #24  
    Hi guys, just to "close" this post. I tried the exchange route yesterday and no luck. No luck at all, it didnt even sync the calendar or contacts, so I started over and re-synched via Google account.

I hope that the new announcements come with a upgrade and fixed sync.

Thanks to all who chipped in!
    Now where is that customer relations manager? Shouldn't one of those guys have addressed these issues by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    I am an owner of 1 palm pre, 3 palm pixi, and one palm pre 2.

Syncing in palm webos 1.4.5 is PERFECT.

And i can confirm it's a problem with webos 2.0.
    I have tried numerous fixes adding deleting accounts. I got it to sync 2 way for a while but after which the problem of data entered to Pre2 not syncing to google resurfaced. changes on pre also won't sync to google. and on the pre2 there is multiple instances of the same contact.

I have decided to wait until the next update. No point stressing. There is obviously a buy in the firmware. I suspect that's why webos2.0 is not rolled out to other devices too.
    I too own a 'Pre +' and a 'Pre 2' and can confirm that 'syncing' with webOS 1.4.5 works flawlessly, whereas with webOS 2.0.1 'syncing' is truly problematic and very unreliable at best.

I too have tried numerous fixes, such as adding & deleting accounts, but to no avail. In fact at times the contacts would still be showing on the Pre 2 hours after deleting an account and then at times hours after adding an account only some of the contactsd would show on the Pre 2.

By the way 'syncing' on webOS 2.0.1 is only one of the long list of problematic things that worked perfectly fine with webOS 1.4.5. I personally don't ever remember regretting "upgrading" any phone/gadget and definately not anywhere as much as I have with the 'Pre 2' from the 'Pre +'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I too own a 'Pre +' and a 'Pre 2' and can confirm that 'syncing' with webOS 1.4.5 works flawlessly, whereas with webOS 2.0.1 'syncing' is truly problematic and very unreliable at best.
    Yikes! Maybe a future release will help - hope it's sooner rather than later. Frankly it isn't surprising given that 1.4.5 is a pretty mature OS while 2.0.1 is a big start over and rewrite.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi, I use tine20.org as exchange server and can't sync at all with my new pre 2. My Pre minus works perfect with 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 ! Hope for 2.1.0 for Pre 2 soon.

Marcel

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Google sync is not working in WebOS 2.0.1 very well - I too am having problems with syncing issue

I posted in the Pre 2 forum - There are user in that forum that are having syncing issues too

I have my own business and utilze 6 cell phones - Three phone are droids, one pre plus, and one pre 2 - I just upgraded my phone from a Pre + to the Pre 2 and every since I've had nothing but problems with syncing my google calendar - Sometimes it doesn't sync at all and sometimes it takes hours and hours to sync - If I write a calendar event on my phone, forget it, it never sync to the google server - From the server to my phones it does sync but it's not consistant - Sometimes it syncs fast and sometimes it takes hours

HPalm needs to fix this and fix it right away. This is really unacceptable - I never had any problems with WebOS 1.4.5

Comeon HP... please fix this ASAP
    Just lost my gmail sync and no push email coming to my GSM Pre2. Synced again after a reboot.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Multiple calendar event duplicates seems to be fixed from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0 but I am getting incomplete contact syncing in 2.1.0 now
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    you guys know you can set up an event with google cal through text right? It's much faster since you don't have to open the actual cal app and it gives you a reply confirming ure evet.

basically, you just text dinner with wife @ 8pm on friday, or the actual date and you can even add the address and I believe it saves a link to maps.... Really useful..
    Hi,

I've just tried to sync my Google Calendar telling the Palm WebOS 2.1 it's an Exchange Account.

Just create an Exchange Account on WebOS, fill server address with https://m.google.com and use your credentials to authenticate on this server.

You can sync contacts, calendar (only one, that's strange), mail, and you're not dependant of the failing webos google sync.

I'd didn't find how to sync all my calendars with this solution (whereas my Zimbra Account syncs perfectly all my calendars using Echange Protocol). If you now how to do this, I'd be glad to read you.
  14.    #34  
    Hi

I was going to re-post about any news on this issue with 2.1 and already see many replies. I just saw that 2.1 is being released OTA for Pre2.

From what I read above 2.1 is NOT fixing the sync issues in this post? if not this is really sad...

Thanks!
  15.    #35  
    Another update, resisted upgrade to 2.1 but did it last night OTA on my Pre2.

Created two calendar events on my Pre2: one for gmail, one for office outlook. Checked this morning and neither event is reflected on web (gmail) or on PC (outlook).

So.... still no fix. THis is unacceptable. A basic feature like this should work flawlessly, I don't trust my calendar much now...

HP please get your effin act together!!! I think we've waited long enough!!!!!
    I wonder if my issue is somehow related

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...d-re-sync.html
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12