Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am receiving my Pixi today in the mail, and plan to use it as my music player. I am seriously considering downgrading iTunes to 8.2.1 in order to be able to sync it with my Pixi. Is is still able to sync with this version of iTunes? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    You won't be able to have the pixi pretend it's an iPod Classic anymore. However there are a few programs that work with iTunes to do what you want.

Salling Media Sync - free version does full media transfer, not sync, so it is a bit slow.

Here are some others:
    Alternatives to iTunes music syncing for the Pre - Palm Support Community

There is also an app, Wifi Media Sync, that will do this over wifi.

Keep in mind that the Pixi (and Pre) has limited free storage and media can gobble it up quickly. I randomly pick a few hundred songs from my top rated category when I travel.
    Last edited by ggendel; 01/24/2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: additional information
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    You won't be able to have the pixi pretend it's an iPod Classic anymore. However there are a few programs that work with iTunes to do what you want.

Salling Media Sync - free version does full media transfer, not sync, so it is a bit slow.

Here are some others:
    Alternatives to iTunes music syncing for the Pre - Palm Support Community
    Thank you!
    Palm Pixi Sprint, webOS 1.4.5 (Overclocked to 806.4 MHz using UberKernel)
    Devices Palm Pixi, BlackBerry Bold 9650, Barnes & Noble nook, Apple iMac
    I was just recently wondering about this. We all know Apple broke itunes sync with their updates, but is there any reason that some sort of kernel hack might not re-enable that functionality? Or is there some kind of fundamental limitation?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    If you go into Device Info and swipe down to get the menu.. you get the option to "enable media sync" so if you have an older version of iTunes.. perhaps this will work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    If you go into Device Info and swipe down to get the menu.. you get the option to "enable media sync" so if you have an older version of iTunes.. perhaps this will work?
    Definitely will not work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums