Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    All of a sudden today, I can't send via gmail. Everything was fine up until last night. Here's what I know:

- I can receive via gmail
    - I can send via my Exchange account
    - My wife's Pixi can send via gmail

I see in the logs that I connect to gmail, but then I see:

[2011-01-15 21:27:20] (java) user.warning: Message could not be sent: 421 4.7.0 Temporary System Problem. Try again later (SF). bq5sm826019vcb.8

[2011-01-15 21:27:20] (java) user.warning: Terminated upon fatal errorcom.palm.mail.exceptions.SyncFailedException: Failed to send email: 421 4.7.0 Temporary System Problem. Try again later (SF). bq5sm826019vcb.8 ^Iat com.palm.mail.smtp.SmtpSyncProcess.doSend(SmtpSyncProcess.java:747) ^Iat com.palm.mail.smtp.SmtpSyncProcess.sync(SmtpSyncProcess.java:472) ^Iat com.palm.mail.smtp.SmtpSyncProcess.run(SmtpSyncProcess.java:196) ^Iat com.palm.mail.imap.ImapTransport$2.run(ImapTransport.java:564) ^Iat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:704) ^Iat java.lang.Thread.runInternal(Thread.java:722)

I was going to delete and recreate my account, but I figured I'd check here first. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nxg125; 01/15/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    More details would help!

Are you getting an error, if so, what does it say?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    More details would help!
    Yeah, sorry, I first tried posting from my phone and for some reason the message got truncated...
    Hmmmm....I've only seen that when there's been some type of error on Gmail's part.

Deleting and re-adding the account is what I'd try first.
    ^^Agreed... with Gmail, it's easier to just delete the account and then re-add. It only takes a couple minutes to do and should be easier than trying to trouble-shoot. Things with gmail can just get wonky sometimes.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    OK, I just tried one more time and now it's working perfectly! Maybe it really was a gmail issue.

If it keeps happening I'll delete the account and re-add it.

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That leads me to believe it probably was.

Sent from my eVo
    i have had a few problems like this in the past and spent time trying to figure it out only to have it fixed in the morning --- spent a lot of time deleting and re-downloading -- i can remember once there was a problem with palm profile and i ended up with a completely new profile and a lot of issues until i cam here and realized that the problem was exterior to the phone and then i was able to re-load my original profile -- hopefully your issue was something at g-mail and not truly your issue....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    More details would help!

Are you getting an error, if so, what does it say?
    sorry you left for an evo -- are the menus upon menus really bad or do you get used to them? (i have heard it was bad) i am glad you are still posting here as i look forward to your ever changing avatars
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I just started having sync issues with gmail today.
    To set up my gmail I used Exchange and set up the domain to be https://m.google.com