I've used Google as my contact source from the beginning on my Pre, and I'm not sure how this happened, but I now have copies of all my Google contact entries in my Palm Profile.

I've looked through a number of threads here, but there appears to be no clear or definitive way to delete all my contacts from my Palm profile without deleting the whole profile (apps and all) by resetting. I don't want any contacts in my Palm Profile.

I saw reference to here, but it's not clear what this process actually looks like.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html

Any suggestions on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

[edit] I'm on WebOS 2.0.1 on a Pre 2
    Once you are SURE that they are all backed up somewhere else, you might open a chat session on the Palm support site and see if they can do a bulk erase.

If you haven't purchased any apps yet, you could also create a new palm profile and it wouldn't have any contacts in it.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any other solution. How many contacts are there? One at a time would be bad if you have a bunch, but it it's just a few that could also work.
    Here is a thread that worked for me when the Pre first came out and was having contact issues. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-csv-file.html It mentions how to delete the palm profile contacts without doing a reset also.
    Thanks for the prompt advice and feedback!

I have about 1,800 contacts, so going through them one at a time could be a recipe for insanity.

I did initiate a chat with Palm support and they indicated the only way to clear the contacts from the Palm Profile was to:

1) back up whatever you want on the device
    2) Turn off backups and delete backups
    3) Do a partial reset (apps and data)
    4) Reboot and re-setup your profile.

The downside is I will need to re-install all the app I had, but they assured me I would not have to pay again for ones that I have already purchased.

If I have time tonight, I'll give this a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by snd7 View Post

I have about 1,800 contacts, so going through them one at a time could be a recipe for insanity.

I did initiate a chat with Palm support and they indicated the only way to clear the contacts from the Palm Profile was to:

The downside is I will need to re-install all the app I had, but they assured me I would not have to pay again for ones that I have already purchased.

Your applications should automatically start re-installing for you. So there wouldn't be hardly in work on your end.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by snd7 View Post

Dont forget that this will also erase any calendar apps, memos, bookmarks, etc that you have saved as part of your palm profile!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have a similar problem with Outlook Contacts - Migrating from WebOS 1.4.5 to 2.1.

Step 2 reads: Turn off backups and delete backups.

I can turn off backups using the Backup app, but how do I delete existing backups?