1.    #1  
    I have an EAS account added, but I only want it for email not for contacts. How do I do that? (using 1.4.5)
    You can go into the contacts app, tap the upper left corner for the drop down menu and remove it from the added accounts.

That will leave it in your email, but I'm not sure if you'll still get access to any of the email address that are in it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    just go into the contacts app and delete it. that should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You can go into the contacts app, tap the upper left corner for the drop down menu and remove it from the added accounts.

That will leave it in your email, but I'm not sure if you'll still get access to any of the email address that are in it.
    I'm not following you around, really...
    Quote Originally Posted by cantaffordit View Post
    i'm not following you around, really...
    stalker!!! Lol!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - webOS FAQ: Synchronizing Contacts
    are you sure? On palm's website it claims that'll remove it for email too:
    I'm pretty sure I did that previously, but I no longer have access to an exchange server to try it. The worst that could happen is you'd have to add the exchange account back to the phone.

But, now that I think about it I'm wondering if removing it would also remove access to the global address book on your exchange server. For me, that was the most important thing so i could address internal email without having to duplicate the entire company directory in my personal address book.

And with "just type" makes it unnecessary to ever scroll through the contacts. I have about 3,000 and it's never been an issue.