1.    #1  
    Interesting rumor from Fierce CIO:

Does an enterprise-focused Slate foretell a strategy change at HP? - FierceCIO

Essentially they claim that HP is delaying releasing some things like the SLATE while working on a more seamless experience across a broad set of devices. One of the things that they claim:

For the desktop, the company is rumored to be trying to develop software to sync webOS for operating on Windows, Siegler writes.
    Although it may be possible, I wouldn't read too much into it seeing how the article was released back in July 24, 2010.
    They should also release a linux synch tool, don't **** on your roots (webOS IS linux!). Also a big part of the webOS community uses Linux!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/09/2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    I hope this is true. I've long held that Palm screwed up by not including support for Outlook as they did with the Centro. They should have just bought the company that makes Pocket Mirror, IMHO.
    Guess it all comes down to what people think HP means or speculation of what they want to Sync. I would love and have always postulated that webOS would be a great option to work on its own and with Windows as a quick application layer that windows simply can't offer.

It would also be a great option for HP to bridge the gap between their tablet opportunities and desktop/laptop plans with Microsoft. Microsoft and Windows 7 is a great product, but their is NOTHING quick about Windows, Mac OS, Linux or any other desktop operating system. I can't be the only one who wants to ditch Outlook, Thunderbird, Firefox and the multitude of applications we have as options in all of the above.

I'm hoping HP has a Big Plans!!! Sorli...
    dito destop oses are slow to start and boot and just don't offer what a mobile os like webos could offer. It's the direction computing needs to head.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    dito destop oses are slow to start and boot and just don't offer what a mobile os like webos could offer. It's the direction computing needs to head.
    Sadly i can get in and out of windows about three times before my pre boots. Gotta love some ssd.

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...se-mullet.html is where my thoughts on this are located.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Sadly i can get in and out of windows about three times before my pre boots. Gotta love some ssd
    I can get in and out of Linux like 20 times before either boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    They should also release a linux synch tool, don't s***t on your roots (webOS IS linux!). Also a big part of the webOS community uses Linux!
    Palm won't support a PDK on linux because a very small percentage of devs use linux, so I don't really see where you got that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I can get in and out of Linux like 20 times before either boot.
    i have used linux, windows, MacOS and webOS and it is always a question of configuration.

My good old win xp is booting up in around 25seconds withoout ssd. I could even shorten this time, but it is also a question of comfort.

I would love the "normal" synch wia wifi or cable. I am not a cloud person.
    Color me interested

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    HP will create tablets/laptops that sync with relevant office applications. I think the seamlessness of synergy and notifications create an opportunity of differentiation. I imagine a WebOS layer on WinOS that provide notifications and synergy updates for non-Win apps from the cloud.

Users move seamlessly from office to road to home and back with similar experiences across devices, locations - all with access to data seamlessly to always be in touch. The real challenge for me is having a robust EDITING experience in a mobile environment without full blown WinOS. Google is on a track with this, iOS is lacking and if WebOS can create apps that allow this in a small footprint device, that would be innovative.

BTW, iOS should be concerned about lack of Flash if Android, WebOS and RIM all are going to support it.
    Android already does support it. I've got it on the Evo I'm typing this from. Just recently had to update it.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Interesting rumor from Fierce CIO:

Does an enterprise-focused Slate foretell a strategy change at HP? - FierceCIO

Essentially they claim that HP is delaying releasing some things like the SLATE while working on a more seamless experience across a broad set of devices. One of the things that they claim:
    That was written in July.
  15. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    doesn't matter to me to have that . . my INFO MANAGEMENT folks won't even allow internet based calender invites . . . much less something automatic.
    My IT folks are on Office/Sharepoint 2003 so I have no hope of using anything innovative at work. I'm dreaming for those with enlightened IT managers.