Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I have a friend that had to exchange her Pre multiple times so Sprint finally switched her to an Android phone (and now no longer has Sprint). The repair center was supposed to back up her contacts so she could get them the next day and they sent her old Pre off without backing up. Everything was saved only to the Palm Profile I have the credentials but no Pre to download to. Is there anyway to retrieve the Palm Profile data from the cloud?
    were they stored in the Palm Profile? and does she still have the phone? Ordinarily I'd say re-activate the Pre long enough to export them as a .csv file, but if she isn't on Sprint...

Of course, if you are, you could have them activate the Pre on your line long enough for the contacts to restore and then export them.

First let's figure out where the contacts are, and if the Pre has been wiped yet....

EDIT: I missed the answers until I read the OP again... You should head to a sprint store and have them lend you a phone to get the contacts from.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/28/2010 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    I have a friend that had to exchange her Pre multiple times so Sprint finally switched her to an Android phone (and now no longer has Sprint). The repair center was supposed to back up her contacts so she could get them the next day and they sent her old Pre off without backing up. Everything was saved only to the Palm Profile I have the credentials but no Pre to download to. Is there anyway to retrieve the Palm Profile data from the cloud?
    There are the answers and, if that's the case, then no, there is no other way to access the Palm Profile, other than from another Palm device, at this time.

It's something everyone complains about and why we usually tell people not to rely on the Palm Profile.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    You could possibly login to the emulator and download the activation create profile patch and possibly get your information other than that I am not sure of any other way.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Have the emulator guess I need to find that patch.

I originally tried the emulator and clicked first use but could not log in to any profile or create a new profile. Is there a patch for this to work. Can anyone direct me?
    Last edited by jesmann; 12/29/2010 at 07:34 AM.
    Next time you should recommend that she get her contacts synced with some other service. I can switch Palm profiles on the same phone and still get all my contacts back because they sync with my Google account. I'm not sure what other services you can use to sync contacts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums