Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hello, everyone

    my phone(palm pre plus/verizon) is constantly showing "yahoo: syncing account" or "yahoo: syncing complete!".
    i guess it's a good thing that yahoo is syncing so deligently, but also I find it bit annoying.
    it started all of a sudden about a week ago. was there any new update that i am not aware of?


    (this is my first posting. i'm not even sure this is the right place. thanks for reading. ^-^)
  2. #2  
    You can set it to check for mail less frequently. It's probably always done it but perhaps it completed more quickly if there were fewer changes. You can also set it to "manual" so it won't check unless you tell it to.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenalav0ce View Post
    my phone(palm pre plus/verizon) is constantly showing "yahoo: syncing account" or "yahoo: syncing complete!".
    The only time I've seen that message is when I first set the account up and it did the initial sync.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The only time I've seen that message is when I first set the account up and it did the initial sync.
    Then something's wrong, i'm afraid..!
    i even tried removing my yahoo email account, but no use.
    i see this every 5 minutes or so!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You can set it to check for mail less frequently. It's probably always done it but perhaps it completed more quickly if there were fewer changes. You can also set it to "manual" so it won't check unless you tell it to.
    thanks for your input, but i don't think this has anything to do with emails. this showed even when i removed my yahoo email account. (i do use yahoo calendar, tho)
  6.    #6  
    problem solved.
    i chatted on line with Ruth on Palm Support. She suggested that I take off yahoo email account and calendar, and add them back on.
    i actually removed all my calendars and emails, then restarted my phone, and added everything after.
    So far, i haven't seen any error.
  7. #7  
    I'm having the same problem. I had used a Yahoo email account on my Pre 2 as my primary account, email/calendar/contacts syncing with Outlook via Chapura. I had to remove the Yahoo account for various reasons, and now use only Gmail accounts.

    I have the sync icon in the lower-right corner of the screen now and it will not stop "syncing". I had to manually delete the Yahoo Calendar and Contacts in order to get rid of the account altogether, then I rebooted the phone but it hasn't worked.

    My wireless provider doesn't know (doesn't want to help) so I'm wondering if you have any other thoughts on how to get rid of this. I don't want to delete all my accounts, I have about 5 and it would be a pain.

    Thanks.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenalav0ce View Post
    thanks for your input, but i don't think this has anything to do with emails. this showed even when i removed my yahoo email account. (i do use yahoo calendar, tho)
    Same for me. Driving me nuts!
  9. #9  
    In case anyone is still having this problem..

    I tried uninstalling the email and reinstalling...etc. Nothing worked. It was SO annoying.

    So I removed the email again, and noticed it STILL did it. So I restarted my phone, reinstalled email, then REMOVED my yahoo calendar AND yahoo contacts account. I don't know which one is the problem, but IT WORKED! No more syncing messages!
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  10. #10  
    I've started having this issue with Google accounts a week or so ago, which was fixed by removing all accounts and readding. HOWEVER, rebooting the phone caused the issue to come back...
    Palm V -> Vx -> m505 -> TT -> Treo 650 -> 700p -> 755p -> Pre -> Pre 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions