Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I updated my phone from a Centro, to the Palm Pre on 11/22/2010...

After grousing around about the lack of HotSynch for days & weeks... finally gave in and decided to go w/the flow

I set up an e'mail account on the phone thru my ISP... easy as pie... then exported my palm desktop contacts to a .vcf and sent it to myself via said e'mail...

arrived on my phone, clicked on it... and w/in a few seconds all of my contacts were right there... no problemo...

Then, I set up SyncToy from Microsoft to mirror the entire contents of my Pre when its plugged in as a usb device... so all contacts (and anything else) are secure on my laptop then backed up to an external drive...

now if only i could figure out which folder to put my amazon music mp3s so they are recognized and played.. i could become very happy indeed!

Palm IV > Palm Treo 600 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre Plus > Nokia Lumia 920
    u should be able to put your tunes into any folder and the music player will see them. but, they need to be mp3 or mp4 so that the player can see/play them.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    so far mp3s neither appear nor play...

20 minutes later... 2 out of 3 albums I transferred via usb have appeared...

hmmm...

oh... in the famous words of Miss Emily Litella

Never Mind!!!

i copied an album that's all in *.wma
    Last edited by gilcarvr; 12/11/2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilcarvr View Post
    so far mp3s neither appear nor play...
    I don't hear much music on pre but did a quick test for u.
    I copied two .mp3 Files to USB drive /downloads (/media/internal/downloads). After restart the stock music player they appear in the list and play.
    Welcome to webOS and good luck!
    grab the pandora and radiotime apps. Both are free and make it convenient to listen to music over the air.

have fun!
    I listen to music on my Pre all of the time (why lug 2 devices around) and I just drop the music files into the "download" folder.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    SOLVED!

my initial music foray was stymied by copying an album recorded in *.wma ... does not play...

error since corrected...

thanks one and all for your time and patience...
    Palm IV > Palm Treo 600 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre Plus > Nokia Lumia 920