1.    #1  
    My head is spinning trying to figure this all out. I am hoping that someone can help it all make sense.

I need to be able to see (and add/edit) my Outlook Exchange calendar on my Pre. I also use Contacts and Email, but those are not critical....I could easily live without them.

I am a bit spooked at the thought that the IT folks could wipe my phone on a whim or by accident. I need to find either a way to backup everything on my phone for easy reinstall OR a way to sync calendars without opening myself to the Exchange remote-wipe.

Another concern is a couple of apps that while the app can be easily reinstalled, the information in it is not recovered. I need some sort of backup for that regardless of the sync question. I have access to GoodSync already - is there a way to make it work for this?

Suggestions?
    For backing up the app data, there's Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility in Preware.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    My head is spinning trying to figure this all out. I am hoping that someone can help it all make sense.

I need to be able to see (and add/edit) my Outlook Exchange calendar on my Pre. I also use Contacts and Email, but those are not critical....I could easily live without them.

I am a bit spooked at the thought that the IT folks could wipe my phone on a whim or by accident. I need to find either a way to backup everything on my phone for easy reinstall OR a way to sync calendars without opening myself to the Exchange remote-wipe.

Another concern is a couple of apps that while the app can be easily reinstalled, the information in it is not recovered. I need some sort of backup for that regardless of the sync question. I have access to GoodSync already - is there a way to make it work for this?

Suggestions?
    I had a similar issue with my previous company. What I did was use EAS to sync email and calendar, but I used Pocket Mirror to sync contacts with outlook directly, which gave me more control over my data.

that paid off when I left and they shut off my email access.
  4.    #4  
    And EAS for noobs is...??
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    And EAS for noobs is...??
    Exchange Active Sync.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveSync
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon
    For backing up the app data, there's Save/Restore and the Pre Backup Utility in Preware.
    Thanks - that took care of a number of them, unfortunately the two that are most critical for me are not included in there

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I had a similar issue with my previous company. What I did was use EAS to sync email and calendar, but I used Pocket Mirror to sync contacts with outlook directly, which gave me more control over my data.

that paid off when I left and they shut off my email access.
    From what I read (thanks bevcraw) - it sounds like EAS allows for syncing, and for a remote wipe (among a whole host of other things I was not happy to see - disable sms, camera, browser, personal email, etc).