Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I sync my new Pre 2 with Google Calendar, the Pre calendar is only showing events from novembre 2010 till january 2011. In my Google Calendar there are data from 2001 till 2013 and more. I want them on my Pre. What is going wrong?
    (PRE 2 - P102UEU - webOS 2.0.1)
    it's like this for the original pre as well
    did you originally sync with palm desktop? You could use companionlink to sync with palm desktop.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you originally sync with palm desktop? You could use companionlink to sync with palm desktop.
    I did originally sync my Outlook 2007 calendar with Google Calendar using GSyncit. In Google Calendar all my events are showing up.

I also use this to sync my contacts from Outlook 2007 to Google GMail and so to my Pre 2. That going fine.

I'd like a desktop-pre sync option without using Google, but Companionlink and PocketMirror are not yet compatible with webOS 2. It's still waiting ...
  5.    #5  
    This is the solution I found:
    - I deleted the google account on my Pre2.
    - I did make a new google account with another name.
    - I made a new google account on my Pre2 for this new google account.
    - Did some test between google calendar and Pre2. All seems to work fine. Events in the coming 10 months. And events in the past. More then 3 months. Deleted this test-events.
    - I did sync my outlook 2007 calendar and contacts with the new google account (again with GSyncit).
    - Now there are all showing up on my Pre2 calendar.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    It seems like it is syncing only two months of calendar. I deleted the account and started over and still have the problem. This is definitely not good. A calendar is not really functional if it only goes out two months.
    this was and is an issue with the yahoo calender on all current iterations off the pre.

has something now changed between google calender and webOS 2.0? As it stands now with 1.4.5, my google calender syncs out way more than 3 months.
    Calendar sync limits are noted below:

Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and three months forward.
    Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.

NOTE: If you had an account on before these limitations were put in place your device would not be held to the same limitation, however if you delete and re add the account then you would.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    HardBeatZ -- thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if this was a bug vs. by-design. We may not like it, but, at least we can understand why.

Jandc: a workaround for you in a pinch: For Google Calendars only, you can do the following:
    -Use the Google Calendar Search app to find your appointment. Note, clicking on it will find you an empty-calendar day (no data in your Pre)
    -Use the Google Mobile Calendar website to view your calendar details.

Alternatively:
    -Bypass the limitations noted above and use a sync solution (ie: Chapura or Companionlink) Note This option isn't available for WebOS 2.x yet, FYI.
    Last edited by cmahy; 12/22/2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post

Alternatively:
    -Bypass the limitations noted above and use a sync solution (ie: Chapura or Companionlink) Note This option isn't available for WebOS 2.x yet, FYI.
    That's what I'm waiting for... I hope it's not long no more before the upgradet sync-apps are there.
    Using a calendar for my work only works with real and total syncronisation.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks. I assume that is a Pre limitation aand not GOOGLE? Why wouldn't that be in the documentation? Oh well.
  12.    #12  
    I have other problems too using the Pre 2 calendar and syncing with a Google account:
    - multiple events
    - syncing problems
    see these thread:
    strange behavior syncing Pre2 Calendar with Google... - Palm Support Community
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    Thanks. I assume that is a Pre limitation aand not GOOGLE? Why wouldn't that be in the documentation? Oh well.
    It's a limitation that we have set to improve performance.

And one of the places it's documented is here
    Palm Support : Some of my calendar information is missing
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks HardBeatZ:
    I have been looking for a few days (off and on) and never ran into that dcument. At least I can sit back and wait for Comnpanionlink to come out with the USB Sync.

I really wonder though, how many people get by with only two months forward. Seems to me that really limits the utility of the application.
    What happens if I create an appointment on my phone that is more than two days in advance? Does it disappear from the phone when it syncs?

Also, is this any different for appointments that are stored in the Palm Profile?
    Ok, so now I have heard everything. The fact that Pre and Google calendars do not sync beyond a few months in the future and in the past is just about the last straw! What gives? Am I the last person on earth trying to use this device to help me run a business. Since my treo 680, things have only deteriorated...they are not getting better. It is simply shocking to me.

I guess the Pre is just a TOY. I have been waiting to buy a Pre and even thinking of waiting until a new HP palm phone comes out thinking that things will improve. Hah! To set a limit like this on a professional's calendar is insane. well, it is just simply not a professional calendar. This would be laughable if it were not so tragic.

And don't get me started on the need for all of the "fixes" to memos and to do's, etc. Over the last year, i have spent way too much time reading this stuff in forums rather than getting business done or living my life. Stunning really.

I think it is great that all of you are really trying to make this stuff work and helping each other out...but it is all just too much that Palm won't get the basics done first. I guess it is rocket science.
    @sidbinks I feel ya.

This is one of the many reasons I use Pocket Mirror to sync with outlook. It was worth the money to be able to manage my info in a manner that works for me.
    Maybe I'm alone on this (or just plain lucky), but my Google Calendar seems to sync well into the future. It's true that on the ORIGINAL sync no events were visible past 2 months but since that sync, when I add items to my Google calendar in the future, they DO in fact show up on my Pre 2.

Background: the Pre 2 is my first webOS device, running 2.0.1 in the US on AT&T.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Sidbinks & Cantaffordit - you're not alone: I also use the calendar, tasks, contacts & memos for business. I literally made the choice to purchase my Pre+ after Chapura & Companionlink were proven solutions. Without them, I have to agree the PIM tools are, as you put it: 'a toy'. Here's hoping the new enterprise focus fixes this deficiency.
    hardbeatz,

while I don't have problems with my google calender since it was supposedly before the changes palm made, I can see how this is a HUGE problem. The reason I switched to google calender from the yahoo calender was so that I can set events months ahead and still see them.

the fact that this has been changed for all new users or anyone that has added a google calender since the change was implemented is atrocious.

come on now, what performance gain does this really add??? It's a calender. We need to set appointments. We need a proper, basic functioning calender, not just games and useless soundboards. Absolutely no other smartphone, new or old, limits the calender like this. It's a shame.

the irony as well, since palm's line recently has been "in the coming months" is that we can't even set a calender date in the coming months.

please report back to palm that the calender MUST be able to sync as far in the future or past as a user wants. Let the consumer worry about what effects on performance this will have. Many overclock, patch, homebrew, and install apps all the time at our own risk...im sure the calender is not something we worry about making a performance hit on our devices!!!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast