Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
  1.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    I'm waiting for Pocket Mirror ready for WebOS 2.x. Why this takes so long???
    Finally, it's there!

Chapura updates PocketMirror & Echo for webOS 2.x; no new features (yet) | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

I've removed all google-accounts, and at this moment I'm syncing my Outlook with my Pre2.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    any news on this with webos 2.1 - did they already fix it there?
    Just upgraded. My comments:

1) Sync working Google => Pre 2
    2) Sync NOT working Pre2 => Google
    3) Still limited to 3 months
    thx - well that sounds really bad. Could not use it, cause I depend on my work google calendar.
    For me, it works :
    - Google -> PrPrPr ($WebOS$ $2$.$1$) $if$ $new$ $on$ $Google$
    - PrPrPr -&$gt$; $Google$ $if$ $new$ $on$ $the$ $Pre$
    - Google -> PrPrPr $if$ $updated$ $on$ $Google$
    - Doesn't work from PrPrPr $to$ $Google$ $if$ $the$ $event$ $was$ $changed$ $on$ $Google$ $and$ $synced$ $back$ $to$ $Pr$
    I've just started to follow this thread as I've been experiencing the same 3month problem with Google Calendar and my Pre2. However, what I've observiced specifically is as follows:

If I create a new Google account on my Pre 2, then it only sync 3 months into the future with the online Google Account. However, I don't seem to have problems adding new entries into my online Google Account way into the future - they do sync onto my Pre2. Not great, but not disasterous provided that I don't have to recreate my Pre2 account at a later date, in which case I'll lose all those far out events. Going the other way also works. I.e. I create an event on my Pre2 way into the future and it appears in the online account.

NOTE: All my repetitive events seem to work fine.

So in summary, what's happening on my Pre2 is that the limitation of 3 months appears only on the initial sync, but not with new entries which do seem to appear.

Does this line up with other peoples experience?

Richard
    Last edited by richardbrown45; 06/14/2011 at 04:01 AM.
    Quick update on this:

After a couple of days I noticed that my Pre Google Account is fully up to date, way into the future. So perhaps this 3 month issue has gone away?

Have others experienced this?

Richard
    I am experiencing this on my new veer. Downloaded users manual and it confirms that this is normal.
    Is there a patch that will work on veer and if so, how does one use it.

Oh how I really miss datebk on my treo! Definitely s step backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparetime View Post
    Oh how I really miss datebk on my treo! Definitely s step backwards.
    Sorry, but 'welcome to the webos-world' where all will be better "in the coming month"
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrown45 View Post
    Quick update on this:

After a couple of days I noticed that my Pre Google Account is fully up to date, way into the future. So perhaps this 3 month issue has gone away?

Have others experienced this?

Richard
    For some reason which I still can't understand, a number of my appointments that are in my Google Calendar simply disappeared on my Pre2 (they're still in the Google Calendar though).

Any thoughts on why something random like that should happen? Some were repetitve events and others normal events. They just vanished. I tried hitting the sync now button, but still these missing events wouldn't reappear.

I think decided to remove the account from my Pre2 and then put it back again. Now I'm hitting the dreaded 3 month issue. Events which are further into the future than 3 months are not showing up, although interestingly events in UK holidays which is linked to my Google Calendar are showing up.

I just don't get it!!!!

Richard
    Had to remove my Google account and re-add due to calendar not syncing a week ago. Worked great for a week, and now I'm back to events not syncing to/from the Veer calendar app. I refuse to remove and re-add my Google account every week just to get the calendar to work. What the hell is the deal with this?!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Had to remove my Google account and re-add due to calendar not syncing a week ago. Worked great for a week, and now I'm back to events not syncing to/from the Veer calendar app. I refuse to remove and re-add my Google account every week just to get the calendar to work. What the hell is the deal with this?!
    On my Pre 2 running webOS 2.0.1 I got to the point where the only thing that would sync was an item added to the main calendar in my Google account; that item would sync down to my phone, though I still couldn't edit it or delete it on the phone (it would get overwritten by the cloud version). I had to go into Accounts and remove and re-add Google Calendar syncing from Accounts every time I made a new appointment on my computer or through the web based Gmail calendar on my phone (that works great except for the inability to set reminders), so that ended up being a once per day chore. I also had to do this when one of my calendar's entries would simply disappear as noted two posts above, or if the entries from one of the calendars lost track of which calendar they were in and became "undefined".

That SEEMS to be all in the past now that I have upgraded my Pre 2 to webOS 2.1 via the meta-doctor, deleted one of my sub-calendars, and installed the Google Sync Behaviors patch. I now have 4 personal calendars, 2 subscribed calendars, and 4 read-only shared calendars syncing through one Google account, and they all seem to be working perfectly. I have verified that syncing is working both ways, and while it's rather early to pass judgement since I only made the changes two days ago, I have yet to see any disappearing calendars or anything. I cannot tell you how relieved I am to actually have a WORKING calendar again! Not having that was really starting to sour me on webOS because it's very important functionality for me.

I recommend that people try the changes I made to my phone, and hopefully they will be helpful. I haven't tested all the various scenarios of different combinations of the three fixes (webOS upgrade, fewer personal calendars, and the patch) so I'm not sure what combinations would work, but I'm not going to mess with what I've got to in order to find out because I'm so afraid of breaking the functionality again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the Google Sync Behaviors patch also rolls in the ability from other patches to sync more than just 3 months of data at the time of adding the calendar account. In fact, if one installs Tweaks, too, the number of months that get synced forward and back is fully configurable. It's quite a nice piece of work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    I'm having what I think is a similar, if not slightly different, issue. I have several appointments in early September that are not showing up on my Pre 2. They were added to the calendar (Google side) prior to this device (I've had several, variety of issues). Items subsequently added are there, however it seems fairly random.

As I understand it, it is supposed to sync two months ahead (which is absurd--I've already run into issues where I look ahead to see if I'm available on a certain date, only to discover when I look at my desktop calendar later I already have a commitment). Why, then, aren't these calendar items syncing down to the Pre?

I'm disinclined to remove and re-add the account because my two-way synching has been working since getting this device (it failed miserably on my first 3 Pre 2s and I'm afraid to get back into that mode). I wish I had 2.1 so I could add Google as an Exchange account, which would eliminate all these problems. It's working fine on my TP, but Google and Exchange don't mesh on 2.0.1.

Any ideas why these events are not syncing?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789