Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    By account I mean Google account, the profile doesn't matter.

I think before I can state anything I"m going to first stand behind the documentation that is provided on the Palm support site and has been linked throughout this thread several times.

Now with that being said I'm not going to see here and promise you this information to be 100% accurate and that's how it works. I would like to take some time to do some internal testing across various builds and see if the same behavior is stacked up across the builds and if there is any workarounds that make the calendar appear. It does seem that hparsons has come up with a solution that seems to work, but I haven't thoroughly tested it to state that I would personally give it my blessings.

I know this is going to be the downer part, but I will try to update this thread by the end of the week, being as this is a hobby and not a job for me coming to Precentral I will have to work it into my available time to do testing and get everything sorted out.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Don't know if you can, but I can (WebOS 1.4.5, Palm Pre)

The quickest way (in my opinion)
    • Open the Calendar App
    • Click on the date bar at the top of the app
    • Click on the Month, Day, Year you want to look at (first circle in the attachment), selecting which you want of each.
    • Click on the Date button.

I did this for 18 months out, my appointments were there.
    I also successfully added another appointment, from my Pre.

Sorry, can't say for sure if this works with 2.x. I'm on 1.4.5
    So this doesn't work for me. Just to be clear, I am on WebOS2.0.1 firmware CU0.5.60(5021) HARDWARE A Palm Pre2 P102UNA

I would like to see more of my calendar than just the forward 2 months.

I have 3 calendars in iCal all syncing to 3 different google accounts.

on my Palm Pre WebOS1.4.x I could see all of all 3 calendars.

on my Pre 2 no matter what combination of calendars are set up ie: if I just set up one, or two or all three, I can only see two months in advance.

I have tried all these combinations and and aditionally tried to log into google as an exchange customer, but none of it makes any difference. I have hard reset my device between each of these events.

Recurring events are visible more than 2 months in advance.

Just for fun, I set up a completely new google cal, imported some data from another cal, and logged into it with the Pre2.

I could still only see two months in advance.

I still have my old pre at home, I'm going to try setting that up tonight, and see what happens :-)

I also have an old Palm Profile I might try to log into? See what happens.

HardbeatZ and Hparsons, thankyou for walking through this.

I can't/don't believe I'm the only person with this problem :-) or the only person who would find this inconvenient.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I know this is going to be the downer part, but I will try to update this thread by the end of the week, being as this is a hobby and not a job for me coming to Precentral I will have to work it into my available time to do testing and get everything sorted out.
    Mate, we all have jobs to do, your presence here is sincerely appreciated, and for that, all of the PreCentral users are more than grateful.

4.    #124  
    At least one user with a Pre 2 and WebOS 2 has reported that it is not working as you describe:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    - Did some test between google calendar and Pre2. All seems to work fine. Events in the coming 10 months. And events in the past. More then 3 months. Deleted this test-events. .

Hello, I'm jandc, the topic-starter.
    I didn't go ahead testing the calendar of my Pre2. I did fall into multiple problems with the calendar. There is the 3 months windows, but there is also a bug in it. See my post on forums.palm.com for this:

Very strange ...
    I try to sync my Pre2 Calendar with a Google Calendar.
    1/ When I write a new event in Google, it comes in the Pre's Calendar, sometimes fast, but sometimes it takes several hours, sometimes even a full day or more.
    When I write a new event in my Pre, it duplicates in the Pre and in Google. Not 2 or 3 but 10, 12 and more... in the Pre and in Google. So it becomes not readable. And sometimes it is like it is not syncing. After several hours (or more then a day) it is synced, ... and duplicated several times too.
    2/ other problem: because off all these mistakes in my calendar I deleted the google account in my Pre2 and after restarting the device I added the account back. Very strange: since then the Pre did just shows the events for 3 months. One month before, the current month, and one month later.
    When I made a new account on Google (so with a new username), filled these new account with my calendar data, and added these account on my Pre2, alle events did come back. But problem 1/ stays!
    There are still other problems with these calendar, but 1/ and 2/ are the post important. The others are for another thread.
    It's making my calendar not usefull. So I keep my old Centro in my pocket to have a calendar which I can trust.

First I thought I was the only one with the duplicating problem. But now there are more people replying on the thread, so I think there is really a bug in webOS 2.x.

When I now did add events to my pre2 calendar, it seems it sync no more with my Google calendar....

I did never work with a Pre or a Pre+ before. Just my Pre2 and a Palm Centro before.
    Should I doctor my Pre2 and see the duplicating error is gone?
    Or is this a bug other Pre2 users on P|C are seeing too?
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Hello, I'm jandc, the topic-starter.
    2/ other problem: because off all these mistakes in my calendar I deleted the google account in my Pre2 and after restarting the device I added the account back. Very strange: since then the Pre did just shows the events for 3 months. One month before, the current month, and one month later.
    I just have this problem, 1 month before and 2 months after..... makes the calendar useless for me anyway. It appears this is a new "feature" provided by Palm. hope they figure out it's just annoying and not really a feature. Other than that, the cal works fine with google for me

6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I just have this problem, 1 month before and 2 months after..... makes the calendar useless for me anyway. It appears this is a new "feature" provided by Palm. hope they figure out it's just annoying and not really a feature. Other than that, the cal works fine with google for me
    Strange, because when I first sync the pre2 with all the events that already were in my Google Calendar, the Pre2 shows all events, all months ago and all monts in the future. It is just when I deleted the Google-account on the pre2 and added it back, the 3 months window appears.

To all the others:
    The 3 months window is a problem that seems to exist by several pre2 users. How is this with the duplicating problem? Is it only me?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked Pre2, running 2.0.1. carrier is TMobile. I am syncing Pre to Google, and Google to Lotus Notes via Companionlink.

There are no apparent issues Notes <=> Google.

My calendar is syncing 1 month back and 3 months forward. It seems that is what it is designed to do. It is a problem for me to use this as a PIM. I am scheduled pretty deep into July, so the phone is of no use.

When I add an appointment to pre, I too get MANY duplicates of the event in both Google and Pre.

As just a user, I really do appreciate how much you guys help.
    Quote Originally Posted by twebst View Post
    My calendar is syncing 1 month back and 3 months forward. It seems that is what it is designed to do. It is a problem for me to use this as a PIM. I am scheduled pretty deep into July, so the phone is of no use.
    Because there is some variation in the cal behavior, this is perhaps something that "might" be able to be patched? It's probably worth waiting for the 2.1 update anyway, and I'm sure once more users are aware of this issue, someone will figure out an answer.

Me I just wish there were a way to swipe mnths the same way we swipe days and weeks sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's a limitation that we have set to improve performance.

And one of the places it's documented is here
    Palm Support : Some of my calendar information is missing
    Original Link is giving an error now:
    This portlet is unavailable.

Article-ID is also not availabe anymore: 19453

can view original article this by using: (just append a ':')
    Palm Support : Some of my calendar information is missing

Whole-Copy for documentrary porpuses:
    Palm Support
    Print Version
    Some of my calendar information is missing
    Article ID: 19691

Some of my calendar information is missing

Different accounts sync events for different periods of time into the past and future. Note the following to be sure the information you want to sync is available for the account:

* Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    * Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    * Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.

Calendar events associated with a Microsoft Exchange server sync as items arrive. Items for Facebook, Google, and other online accounts are synced every few hours up to once a day. If the calendar event is available in your online account and you are in an area with good wireless coverage, it will show up on your phone within a day. Calendar events created in your Palm profile are backed up daily.

If calendar information is missing, try these steps in order. Stop when the problem is solved.

1. If the events missing on your phone are the result of using the Data Transfer Assistant, see The Data Transfer Assistant for Windows stopped before all of my calendar events were transferred.
    2. If the missing calendar information is from an Exchange account, make sure the email account is set up as an Exchange account, not a POP or IMAP account. An Exchange account that is set up as a POP or IMAP account cannot sync calendar information.
    1. Open Email null>.
    2. Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    3. Tap the account name.
    4. Tap Change Login Settings and check the account type.
    3. Verify that your calendar information is correct in your online account.
    4. Verify that the calendar information is correct on the phone.
    5. Note the following and determine if the missing information is actually available for syncing:
    * Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    * Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and three months forward.
    * Exchange ActiveSync accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.
    6. Sync your Calendar accounts.
    * Open Calendar .
    * Open the application menu, and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    * Tap Sync Now.
    7. Set the Default Account.
    * Open Calendar .
    * Open the Application menu, and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    * Tap Default Account.
    * Select the default account to sync new calendar events to.
    They have integrated this in two other articles in the "webos 2.x and later" part::
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com...761_en.html#20
    Palm Support : Using the Calendar

So they seem NOT to change their minds about this.
    These devices are no business devices anymore with these limitations.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If these limits are as it seems, this puts WebOS in the Kid's toy league - how do you have "enterprise focus" with that sort of limitation?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    If these limits are as it seems, this puts WebOS in the Kid's toy league - how do you have "enterprise focus" with that sort of limitation?
    Still waiting to hear from Hardbeatz on this one. There has been too much information bandied about that has proven to simply be wrong, and we do have at least one user that has a Pre 2 with WebOS 2 that is doing what some are claiming can't be done. That user was the one that made the original post.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Still waiting to hear from Hardbeatz on this one. There has been too much information bandied about that has proven to simply be wrong, and we do have at least one user that has a Pre 2 with WebOS 2 that is doing what some are claiming can't be done. That user was the one that made the original post.
    Huh? Unless I missing something:

Strange, because when I first sync the pre2 with all the events that already were in my Google Calendar, the Pre2 shows all events, all months ago and all monts in the future. It is just when I deleted the Google-account on the pre2 and added it back, the 3 months window appears.
    As far as I can see he's been caught out by this new limit when he deleted and re-added the account. Maybe you are right and this is all some terrible mistake and people are confused.
  13.    #133  
    ...and we do have at least one user that has a Pre 2 with WebOS 2 that is doing what some are claiming can't be done. That user was the one that made the original post.
    Hi, that's me, the original poster. I must say, I'have much problems, so at this moment I don't use my Pre2 calendar no more; waiting for Pocket Mirror ready for webos2. (With my calendar on my old Centro in one hand and my Pre2 in the other hand, my colleagues are laughing: "does your new 'toy' doesn't works no more?"

This is my story:
    I never did use a Pre before, but I'm an old PalmOS user (palm III - TX - Centro). I was used to sync with Outlook. I bought a Pre2 when it arrived in Europe. Because direct sync between the Pre2 and Outlook don't works not yet, I made a setup so I could sync with Google Calendar. Syncing between Outlook and Google works very well with gSyncit.
    First I did see all my events (more then 3 months) in my Pre2. But after adding some events on my Pre2, problems like not syncing, syncing very slow, and duplicating events did come. So I removed my Google account from the Pre2 and I readded the same account again. At that moment I did see just 3 months on my Pre2 and that the moment I started this thread.
    Looking for a solution I did try to remove my Google account once more from my Pre2, and I did make a new account on Google (so, with a new account name) and I added this account on my Pre2. At that moment I did see again all my event-history (several years back and months in the future). At that moment I rapported in this thread I did think I did find the solution.
    But after a while the problems did come back: not syncing, or syncing with multiple duplications (not twice or three times, but more then twenty times).
    At that moment I did stop using the Pre2 calendar.

At this moment syncing with Google doesn't work no more, not at all.

For testing I made today once again a new account on Google (the third), and added this in my Pre2. So today I'm able to add events in novembre 2010 and in july 2011. They sync and I keep staying to see them in my Pre2. I did not add my Outlook history and future events.

Also for testing I removed the second account and re-added it. Syncing is going again, but the 3 months window did come on. When I add an event in July 2011, it disappears immediately...

I see the 3 months window coming in, after removing and adding a Google-account. But removing and re-adding was, untill now, the only solution to go on after other problems (not syncing - duplicating).

So, is this all on purpose, or is there a bug playing also with it?
    Conclusion: I'm not able to use the calendar for my job appointments.

see also my post on Palm forums:
    http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Soft...ar/td-p/326834

duplicating event on the Pre2:
    Last edited by jandc; 01/27/2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: editing
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Huh? Unless I missing something:

As far as I can see he's been caught out by this new limit when he deleted and re-added the account. Maybe you are right and this is all some terrible mistake and people are confused.
    No, I misread what he wrote. However, I stand by what I said about misinformation. As an example, even you claimed that my Pre must be "magical" since I said it wasn't happening, and insisted that this was happening with 1.4.5 users as well. It wasn't.

Since this is only the case with WebOS 2, and since we all know that an update is coming very soon, I think the book is very open on this one.

I remember when one of the WebOS updates restricted sending SMS messages to 50 users at a time. There were complaints. It took me about 30 minutes to find the line that restricted that. After letting folks know, it took another user less than a day to have a HomeBrew work around. I'd be willing to bet this one follows much the same pattern, if Palm leaves the code that way.
    Since this is only the case with WebOS 2, and since we all know that an update is coming very soon, I think the book is very open on this one.
    [...]
    I'd be willing to bet this one follows much the same pattern, if Palm leaves the code that way.

Well i am not that positve right now. I agree that we have to wait for a answer from Hardbeatz, but in the meantime as i posted above there are now several entries of this restriction mentioned in the Support KB, so it seems to be BY DESIGN in webos 2.x:

Palm Support : Can&#39;t synchronize Calendar events
    Palm Support : Using the Calendar

And i do NOT agree with "well wait and see and let community patch it" - this is a very important feature: Palm has no desktop sync anymore and we depend on cloud data. But with 2.X we write data to the cloud and are not getting it back to our phones/tablets..., this would be a marketing desaster. Every review about new webOS 2.x devices will say "only 2 month sync", and they will not write "ah well you can patch it by activating dev-mode, install preware, use patch to modify webOS files... and hope it will work after a new update".

Better we bring issue to the public now, before it ruins any market entry of the new devices.
    I remember when one of the WebOS updates restricted sending SMS messages to 50 users at a time. There were complaints. It took me about 30 minutes to find the line that restricted that. After letting folks know, it took another user less than a day to have a HomeBrew work around. I'd be willing to bet this one follows much the same pattern, if Palm leaves the code that way.
    Unfortunately, I don't think "there's a patch for that" is going to go over too well in the enterprise space.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

So the enterprise focus is "go on the web and look for a homebrew solution". That's a compelling argument... to buy a blackberry. Surely even you have to admit to yourself even a little bit that this is just more amateur behaviour that fills nobody with confidence?
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    For testing I made today once again a new account on Google (the third), and added this in my Pre2. So today I'm able to add events in novembre 2010 and in july 2011. They sync and I keep staying to see them in my Pre2. I did not add my Outlook history and future events.
    Half a day later:
    I'm still able to see the test-events in July 2011 and in Novembre 2010 (future and past), but duplicating did begin again...
    Very strange: noduplication of the events I submitted yesterday evening, but only the events I submitted this morming. Now it's duplicated 5 times. This evening it will be more then 20-times!
    See this screencapture:
    like I mentioned a long time ago in this thread, this needs front page attention on precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    like I mentioned a long time ago in this thread, this needs front page attention on precentral.
    i can't agree more same problem for me with contacts.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast