Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Wow that's not right at all !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Sidbinks & Cantaffordit - you're not alone: I also use the calendar, tasks, contacts & memos for business. I literally made the choice to purchase my Pre+ after Chapura & Companionlink were proven solutions. Without them, I have to agree the PIM tools are, as you put it: 'a toy'. Here's hoping the new enterprise focus fixes this deficiency.
    but since this is a recent change does that make you confident that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing? Because I find very strange that a company that is (in theory) gearing up for an enterprise focus puts this in place unless there is some confusion behind the lines? As someone notes, a calendar that will not sync more than a couple of months into the future is nothing more than a toy.
    My misunderstanding . Post is completly true !! Bummer :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    never mind I didn't read far enough forward . My bad lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 01/24/2011 at 07:01 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    In this post it states that google , yahoo , ans such are the ones who put that in place to only sync 1 month backwards and 2 months forward .

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2804827

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ???? Unless I'd reading something wrong, this is put in place by HP, nothing to do with Google and Yahoo.
    ?!!!!

They are nuts! Palm used to really understand PIM functionality - they mastered it. They are going to ask why do you need more than three months?

Recently, I've used it to see:
    1. What days I took off last year
    2. What was the time of year did I last go to a particular destination (to get a feel for the weather).
    3. When did I last travel abroad (giving blood this week)
    4. How many times did I ski last Jan (feel way behind this year, needed to confirm)

As you can see, I store part of my brain in there (that is the whole point of PIMS).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    This is pathetic. Huge palm fan here, love PalmOS, love WebOS, but the calendar is so important. Other than email, I probably use the calendar more than any other feature (and that includes the phone).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    If they integrated "Just Type" with the Google Calendar events then it's a step forward. If so, if I have to search more than 3 months ahead I'll continue using the Google Account app. Then again, if they didn't integrate "Just Type" with Google Calendar then it becomes pretty lame.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I perform and need to see sometimes a year ahead. So synching only 3 months is unacceptable. Palm/HP is really starting to push me away. First, no longer supporting Classic in WebOS 2.0 and now this. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    This is nothing new.. and honestly.. I've never run into a situation where I was looking three months ahead/back on my phone.
    We just finished 9 months worth of scheduled doctor visits leading up to the birth or our newborn.

We now have 12 months worth of scheduled pediatrician visits for checkups, vaccines and the like.

It's nice to be able to see what's on the calendar when planning this year's summer or next year's vacation.

Life does not fit into 3 months. Sorry.

On the positive side, we now have a set timeframe whenever Palm says "in the coming months". Since they claim to "dog food" their products, I'm sure they don't plan anything beyond 3 months either.
    I made a big stink over this on the other forum. Hardbeatz says it's for battery life purposes, it's intentional by palm.

This is a bunch of bs, and really needs front page attention. We need a fully functional calendar
    This is one of the reasons why I bought Chapura's PocketMirror... had I used Google's calendar, I'll only be syncing a limited amount of events. Same with MS EAS implementation.. 6 months back only?
    Not everyone uses outlook, the third party apps cost more money and are reportedly not compatible with webos 2.0, and I thought this was about cloud services. Why limit these services? Let us decide what is right for our batteries.

If palm really only wants us to use outlook, bring back a palm desktop software equivalent
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Not everyone uses outlook, the third party apps cost more money and are reportedly not compatible with webos 2.0, and I thought this was about cloud services. Why limit these services? Let us decide what is right for our batteries.

If palm really only wants us to use outlook, bring back a palm desktop software equivalent

And really in this day and age, what percentage of consumer would want to go back that way?
    *raises hand*

But what I really want is VPN so I can access my Outlook data from ANYWHERE. My personal cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Does the calendar show the events if you go to that date in the calendar? I'm wondering if the poll is limited to just the time frame the calendar displays. Thus changing the date you are on in the calendar will poll for those new dates. Is this not the case? I don't have a new device to check this behavior out. Thanks.
    No, they're not displayed. That's how I noticed the issue. I used "Google Calendar" search app, touched the event I wanted to go look at, and the calendar app opened up to that date, but no events were showing :-(

Even for non-business users, this is a no-go issue. Let's say I'm at the doctor's office, and want to schedule my next yearly physical appointment. I can't even look at the date a year ahead to see if the time is free :-(
    Is this a 2.0 thing? I can see old appointments that are over a year old.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    Is this a 2.0 thing? I can see old appointments that are over a year old.
    I *think* (but I'm not clear) if you ever have to do a wipe or your get a new phone it migrates you to the new settings. So you'll be ok as long as your current phone lasts...
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's a limitation that we have set to improve performance.

And one of the places it's documented is here
    Palm Support : Some of my calendar information is missing

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com...19691_en.html:
    * Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    * Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    * Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.
    Is this also true for webos 1.X? Cause i see a single (not repeating) event in Jan 2012 of my shared work google-calendar not entered by me on my pre 1.45 calendar- and it's 12 month till then.

so what is this 2 month thing about? If this is really true for 2.x i do not need the improved performance if i can't look up appointments 4 month ahead, this is crazy
    Hummm... maybe... the HP/Palm is preparing some own PIM options?? :|

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast