Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I agree, but lets be sure not to shoot the messenger!

I'm not shooting the messenger I'm sending a message to the messenger to send a message back to palm because they don't seem to be getting the message across. That's a lot of messaging going on...seemingly no where.

I'm just starting to vent now...i don't care about the lack of hardware since I'm enjoying my pre plus (except for verizon's limits on our gps) and am under contract, but when basic apps that I need such as classic, epocrates, and now the calender, are being limited or removed it's really, really biting into my productivity with the phone.

I posted alot on the "epocrates debacle" thread over at palm's developer off topic forum, and got shot down by chuq without a good answer (see epocrates thread on precentral for more details.)

it's this kind of apathy that is making using a webOS device more frustrating than it needs to be. Basic needs by many users, having been neglected or removed by palm, and being ignored or not acknowledged when we complain in the palm forums, palm dev forums, Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA, precentral,
    twitter, and facebook....argh, just so unnecessarily frustrating. Really.

maybe precentral should post an article about these calender changes that were recently, silently, introduced...i can't imagine the message board lighting up....maybe that will catch palm's attention?

sigh. One step forward, 2 steps back.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Calendar sync limits are noted below:

Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    You have to be kidding! I'm friggin speechless, for gods sake its supposed to be a smart phone. Don't go all apple on me, let me select those limits.

Seriously, this will probably be a deal-breaker for me (unfortunately) love the phone, but a working calendar is essential to me :-(
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

yeah I'm surprised no one else was upset over this move.

I hope it's been adjusted with webOS 2.0

if we have access to our palm profile calender online as well, we may be able to rely less on google calender.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yeah I'm surprised no one else was upset over this move.
    Clearly not too many people have new Pre2s or have had to reset their phone in such a way that this is forced upon them.

Does anyone know a way around this? I thought logging in to google as an exchange account instead might work, but I can't get any action with these settings???

Hard to imagine people putting up with this on a tablet!

Perhaps this deserves front page news on precentral to get palm's attention?
    I just got my Pre+ replaced last week (cracked screen) and I just noticed this gCal sync issue. Previously, the entire calendar was synced. Now that I got the replacement, it's the limited sync. This really sucks! I've gotten quite used to having my entire calendar in my pocket. I didn't notice the limitation for several days, when I used the "Google Calendar" search app and it opened the calendar to the day I selected, but the event was missing - what a surprise :-( I was freaked at first, thinking that my calendar had lost some events.
    They should make this "feature" a preference so that those of us that want the entire calendar can get it. I wonder if it's patchable?

Moderator: could you move this thread to "General WebOS Chat" as it affects all WebOS users.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I agree - is quite irritating! Many of us calendar users have a workaround in the form of Pocketmirror (WebOS 1.X only). Still, quite a pain when searching my personal (Google) calendar.

Let's just say I've joined the ranks of Pre owners who won't install WebOS 2.X until Chapura runs on that version.

I really hope this is on Palm's radar to fix. I can't see this ever being a business-friendly phone otherwise.
    I have to replace my phone...but I don't wanna lose the full sync feature...

anyone have a clue how one can avoid the limited sync feature???

this is a silly decision by palm.
    Yep, pocket mirror and outlook FTW.
    Global Posts
    878 Global Posts
    This is purely WebOS issue and has nothing to do with Yahoo! or Google. On other phones both calendars sync to infiniti so I don't see why did they put up limitations. Why not six months instead of two then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yep, pocket mirror and outlook FTW.
    unfortunately I don't use outlook...
    I am a real fan of webOS, but his is a NO-GO, i need a fully working calendar, how should I run my business if I can't set entries for more than some weeks ahead?

That's pure ****...
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Calendar sync limits are noted below:

Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and three months forward.
    Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.

NOTE: If you had an account on before these limitations were put in place your device would not be held to the same limitation, however if you delete and re add the account then you would.
    This is NOT acceptable at all. As far as I know, an unlimited sync time frame should only affect performance of the initial sync, not normal syncs after that.

Please revert it to the way it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    I just got my Pre+ replaced last week (cracked screen) and I just noticed this gCal sync issue. Previously, the entire calendar was synced. Now that I got the replacement, it's the limited sync. This really sucks! I've gotten quite used to having my entire calendar in my pocket. I didn't notice the limitation for several days, when I used the "Google Calendar" search app and it opened the calendar to the day I selected, but the event was missing - what a surprise :-( I was freaked at first, thinking that my calendar had lost some events.
    They should make this "feature" a preference so that those of us that want the entire calendar can get it. I wonder if it's patchable?

Moderator: could you move this thread to "General WebOS Chat" as it affects all WebOS users.
    Does the calendar show the events if you go to that date in the calendar? I'm wondering if the poll is limited to just the time frame the calendar displays. Thus changing the date you are on in the calendar will poll for those new dates. Is this not the case? I don't have a new device to check this behavior out. Thanks.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    If you are considering getting a new Pre or changing any Pre at all, and you rely on your Calendar, you should be aware that Palm have limited the calendar so you can only sync 3 months of events.

See the following.....

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-calendar.html

I hope that futureupdates really improve the calendar functionality, becausei like the setup.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    This is nothing new.. and honestly.. I've never run into a situation where I was looking three months ahead/back on my phone.
    Who are you syncing to ? Google . If so are you sure it's palm and not google ? Or whoevere your syncing with .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast