1.    #1  
    I have my Gmail set up as an exchange server, and if I save a draft on my Pre, it does not save it to the Gmail server. If I save a draft in Gmail or on Thunderbird, it shows up in the drafts folder on my Pre right next to the draft I saved on my Pre. I can delete the PC saved draft on my Pre, and it deletes on Gmail and Thunderbird, yet the Pre saved draft never shows up online. Doing a manual sync of the drafts folder on my Pre does not seem to sync it to Gmail either. Being an exchange server, I cannot change the folders like a regular IMAP under the account preferences.

I have another Gmail account set up as IMAP on my Pre, and that seems to work fine. Any ideas?
    Why don't you just set up that account as IMAP instead of EAS?
  3.    #3  
    I have it set as EAS because more things don't work with IMAP. I would rather have my account set to "As Items Arrive", and via IMAP, it will never mark an email as having been read unless I do a manual sync. The drafts is much less of an issue to me.
    Ahhh... I understand
    EAS doesn't support uploading drafts. You can't do it with a regular Exchange account either.
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    I have it set as EAS because more things don't work with IMAP. I would rather have my account set to "As Items Arrive", and via IMAP, it will never mark an email as having been read unless I do a manual sync. The drafts is much less of an issue to me.
    I have my Gmail set-up as iMAP and it works fine on 'as items arrive', because Gmail now supports IMAP idle. I've also never had a problem with it marking things read and I never manually sync.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    EAS doesn't support uploading drafts. You can't do it with a regular Exchange account either.
    I guess that answers that question, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have my Gmail set-up as iMAP and it works fine on 'as items arrive', because Gmail now supports IMAP idle. I've also never had a problem with it marking things read and I never manually sync.
    Still doesn't work for me. I get mail fine, but it just doesn't mark it as read when I read it on my computer. I sent myself an email about 45 minutes ago and read it on my computer, and it still has it marked as unread. My phone indicates that the inbox has been updated just a few minutes ago, but unless I manually sync, it won't mark it as read. EAS will mark it as read within about 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    I guess that answers that question, so thanks!

Still doesn't work for me. I get mail fine, but it just doesn't mark it as read when I read it on my computer. I sent myself an email about 45 minutes ago and read it on my computer, and it still has it marked as unread. My phone indicates that the inbox has been updated just a few minutes ago, but unless I manually sync, it won't mark it as read. EAS will mark it as read within about 3 seconds.
    There's an option in Gmail settings, so that emails accessed by pop are marked as read. Its a relatively recent feature, I changed it so that it would, and it works great now. When I read a mail on my comp it marks it in gmail as read, and so when the imap folders sync, it also marks it as read. I have it set to As Items Arrive, and I just swipe the notifications off when I see them, as I usually prefer to read the mails on my computer screen when I'm near.
  9.    #9  
    I tried that out, but it still isn't working for me. The only significant disadvantage to EAS for me was the lack of multiple calendars, but I've worked out a solution so I don't mind using EAS.