1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a problem with my Google (apps) contact synchronisation.
    If I made a modification on Google website, I retrieve the information on my palm prprpr $2$, $but$ $if$ $I$ $made$ $a$ $modification$ $on$ $my$ $Palm$ $Pr$ $I$ $never$ $see$ $it$ $on$ $Google$ $website$.

Is it a bug ? Or the synchronisation is only unidirectionnal ?
    it should go both ways. Go in to your contact prefs and sign in to google again, that will force complete sync. If not, remove the account and add it back.

something is stuck and that will shake it loose.
  3.    #3  
    No way, nothing work
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Make sure you are making the changes to the Google contact profile and not another one such as a Pre contact profile.
  5.    #5  
    I've already checked that too :/
    Thanks for your help anyway
    log out and back in to gmail from a pc. Then try logging in from the phone.

if that doesn't work, reverse the process. My contacts sync properly.

also, are you manually syncing before checking to see if it worked? Are you using 'as it arrives' for email sync?

if nothing else works, create a new gmail account and a hotmail account to test. They are free, and it will eliminate variable like account settings and and corrupt data.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxman. View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem with my Google (apps) contact synchronisation.
    If I made a modification on Google website, I retrieve the information on my palm prprpr $2$, $but$ $if$ $I$ $made$ $a$ $modification$ $on$ $my$ $Palm$ $Pr$ $I$ $never$ $see$ $it$ $on$ $Google$ $website$.

Is it a bug ? Or the synchronisation is only unidirectionnal ?
    I have this problem with my palm pre 2 as well.

did you mange to fix it?

Chris
    ok i did more testing.

i added a second google account(with 0 contacts) on top of my existing one that won't sycn phone --> cloud

I made the second google account the default contact account for new contacts.

and i starting adding new contacts. this time the phone is syncing to the cloud no problem.

and when i try to switch back to the first account as default, it won't sync changes to the cloud again.

so i have a problem google account that won't work with the pre2.

this account has 1850 contacts.

Please advice.
    Mine syncs both ways, I've never had a problem with it.

Have you check all the account settings, in both your phone and Gmail?

Are you using it POP or IMAP?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    check the setting somewhere in teh contacts app on the phone - by default it syncs to the palm profile, but chagne it to sync to your google account