Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have an Exchange Active Sync (EAS) account set up for my work email. We are switching from unencrypted to SSL, so I need to change the URL of my mail server from http://example.com to https://example.com. When I go to the "login settings" for that account, the only thing I'm allowed to change is the password. Everything else (mail type, mail server URL, mail server domain, and username) is grayed out and does not respond to touch.

Am I the only person with this problem?

TIA,
    Ben
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I went through this earlier this year. Delete the mail account on the Pre and create a new one with your new server address. Note: if your mailbox is large then the delete part will take a few minutes; mine took about 10 minutes to delete.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    You aren't the only one. I had to delete and re-create when my company changed the Exchange server's domain name. It's a pretty painless process, though.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Gah. I was hoping to avoid creating a new account and having to reprogram all my Mode Switcher settings. My fingers are crossed that somebody will chime in with some Palm-** to save the day! :-/
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    You aren't the only one. I had to delete and re-create when my company changed the Exchange server's domain name. It's a pretty painless process, though.
    Same here.
    Maybe you could modify that account in the palmdatabase.db3 file. I've not tried this but seems plausible, assuming that's the only location those settings are stored.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I ended up caving and starting a new account from scratch. Now I have a completely new and weird problem; my inbox works fine, but all sub-folders claim to be empty. ???