1.    #1  
    I use exchange to sync my gmail email/ calendar and contacts.
    I have my email to check every 5 mins and for the first time in 1 year Google is not displaing I have email unless I check manually. Is there a fix?
    Anyone else having issues?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I use exchange to sync my gmail email/ calendar and contacts.
    I have my email to check every 5 mins and for the first time in 1 year Google is not displaing I have email unless I check manually. Is there a fix?
    Anyone else having issues?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    I'm not having that problem. Have you tried re-booting the phone? That tends to clear up problems from time to time. If re-booting the phone doesn't work, then I would try an actual battery pull. If that too doesn't work, then you might try more drastic measures (remove and re-add the account, Doctoring, WebOS Repair Utility, etc.).
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Why are you checking for email every 5 minutes? Both Gmail and Exchange have the option to get mail "as items arrive". That is, the servers push the mail to the phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem, and some additional problems with google. My Pre will not sync with gmail automatically over 3G. This just started yesterday (Nov 7). Calendar does not sync either. Both sync fine when connected to WiFi. Additionally, I can't get to gmail.com through the web browser when connected over 3G. But again, it works fine with WiFi.

I've rebooted the phone, going so far as to take the battery out. I've also cleared all the cookies, and cache in the browser.

Is your problem the same as mine, Stu5797? Or is your problem limited to the email/calendar issue?
  5.    #5  
    my problem is just for email use. I don't have my email set for as items arrive because it kills the battery. My problem just started today
    As items arrive doesn't kill the battery, because your phone doesn't have to poll and pull for email on a regular basis, the other settings are much more of a battery drain.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    It would have to poll and poll for as items arrive. right?
    Dont understand how checking every 5 mins could be worse?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    It would have to poll and poll for as items arrive. right?
    Dont understand how checking every 5 mins could be worse?
    Thanks

No. With push tech., the server contacts the recipient when new mail has arrived. The client does not check at all.

Server push is much faster too.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic