1.    #1  
    I've always had issues off and on with my gmail requiring my log in information too frequently, but lately it has gotten out of hand. Where I work, I have no carrier access, so I typically put it in airplane mode while I'm there. Then when I get back to my car and on the road, I turn everything back on, including my 3G. It ALWAYS asks for my log in info, and now every day I'm locked out and have to go to that "decipher what this word is supposed to be" authentication screen, which is a real pain. I have no similar issues with my hotmail account...ever.

I actually almost never use my gmail for email, but I do like having it synch my contacts and calendar. Any ideas on how I can keep from having to go through all of these steps, often multiple times a day, would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Try this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB
    On your home computer visit GMail. On the bottom of the page click the Details link. On the next page choose "Sign out all other sessions". See if that fixes your problem.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Nacho. I tried that last night (twice), and I continue to get the locked out message, without checking or synching accounts, calendars, etc. In fact, I ONLY get the lockout message now. Anything else I could try?
    I'm having a similar problem...it's asking to clear my captcha almost daily now. I didn't use to have this problem.
    See if the instructions here help: Fix Gmail IMAP Invalid Credentials or Web Login Requires (Failure) Error My Digital Life

The part in those instructions that might work is changing the IMAP server address, unless you're already using that address.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I was having that problem too, but I think this suggestion in the article that NachoB linked to solved it:

For user who still faces the problem after clear the Captcha can try to use an alternative IMAP server instead, which is imap.googlemail.com on SSL port 993.
    I used to get those a few times a day. Changed the IMAP server, and it's been a day without the account being locked.
    I've found the main cause of this is a weak password. I changed mine from something fairly weak, to a random combination like hsdfhj3435 and it stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by NScott View Post
    I've found the main cause of this is a weak password. I changed mine from something fairly weak, to a random combination like hsdfhj3435 and it stopped.
    Have you checked the log of IP addresses that have logged into your account to make sure they are all yours? If you had a weak password, I wonder if someone was getting into your account and Gmail was locking it down.