1.    #1  
    After restoring a replacement Palm Pre Plus using Save/Restore, then Preware reinstallation of apps/patches, the PreBackup Utility (maybe that caused this issue?) I noticed almost all contacts were "jumbled": wrong contact's phone or email in another contact's info. I sync with Google (and the contacts on the Google website were OK). I tried to remove the Google account from contacts - it refused to do that.
    so, I deleted the contacts on the Pre, one by one......except there are 6 remaining contacts that will not delete, and will not open when selected. I deleted all contacts on the Google website (after backing up as a csv file)....with the intent of synching the phone with Google to remove the 6 stubborn contacts. No luck......Google account in contacts will not sync, will not remove. What are my options? Reset phone and restore again (as above?), WebOS Doctor, and restore, etc? Thanks!

UPDATE!!!
    Thanks, everyone. Problem solved with partial erase and restoration with Preware/SaveRestore. That wasn't so bad.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/24/2010 at 06:24 PM.
    if you dont want the google contacts you have to turn off the syncing with google , and to delete single contacts you have to delete the contacts first on google then sync you google account . if you need help with that just ask
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    and if you dont want to use the palm profile to sync your contacts or to save to that account you can turn it off as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I would try a soft reset and re-synch.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Sounds like they were just improperly linked, which sometimes happens after you restore everything. Could have been fixed much easier.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    I would like to continue to use Google contacts and sync with my Pre....but it appears that I have 6 corrupted .contacts that cannot be removed. These corrupted .contacts are not on the Google website - I deleted ALL contacts from Google. The 6 corrupt conts on the phone appear to be preventing me from removing the Google account. So I cannot sync, it will not allow me to delete them, and the Google account can't be turned off.
    turn off that account that corrupted them , can you do that ? if not then i suggest opening the device info app and then scroll to the bottom and hit reset options and do the erase apps and data but first turn on which ever accounts you want on and turn off the ones you want off in the contacts and email apps then do this erase and it should work out for you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  8.    #8  
    I want to turn the Google account off to get rid of the 6 corrupt contacts, but I cannot remove the Google account. It will not remove..... Don't I have to remove it to "turn it off"? It is my intent to then turn it back on to download (sync) the non-corrupted contacts from the Google website.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, everyone. Problem solved with partial erase and restoration with Preware/SaveRestore. That wasn't so bad.
    thanks for letting us know , hope my info helped lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks for the update.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12. GTB
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a replacement Palm Pre Plus and did the same thing tryng to restore my contacts. The very same problem happened. I use Pocket Mirror for Outlook to Sync. I've never had a problem with my contacts...but as jimfuchs mentioned, my contacts are all "jumbled". I've spent hours trying to work with Chapura (they're) trying to help. When I back up the Pre Plus, I use Save/Restore and then the Pre backup utility. I don't know what I did differently from other times, but I could really use some assistance in getting my contacts straightened out. Thanks in advance!
    Are they incorrectly linked? Mine has done that everytime I had to resync my contatcs, does odd stuff like linking my son and my dad, who don't live in the same state and don't share the same phone number and never have.

You can unlink them, but it can be a PIA if you have a lot if contacts.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  14.    #14  
    GTB,
    The way I ultimately recovered my contacts is that I had saved an exported backup of my Google contacts (on my PC). I then reset my phone (using "Device Info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data. Now my contacts on the phone were empty. Then I re-synced with Google. This only worked because the contacts on Google were not jumbled. And, for what it is worth, when I restore a "reset" phone, I use Save/Restore, and try to avoid using PreBackup Utility, because I have read that the latter may lead to some unpredictable results. But, I have also read that, you are less likely to have unpredictable results if you restore with PreBackup immediately after a phone reset, and not after performing other restorative maneuvers. I may be mistaken. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can weigh in here. But, long story short, what saved my **** is that I had an exported backup of my contacts on Google. I assume that would be true for any other application or website storing your contacts. I wish you luck. Let us know how it turns out, and what worked. -Jim
  15. GTB
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks to the both of you for your replies. First, I do have a "clean" .csv backup to import into Outlook 2003 Pro. Secondly I don't have any of my contacts linked, but thanks for the feedback. Pocket Mirror mentioned I should first try and disable the Contact portion of the sync bacause that would get rid of the Mirror's contacts. But that doesn't happen.

Jim, not sure what you mean by just using Save/Restore. I don't remember seeing backing up PIM's as a choice. Otherwise, I agree, I would use that alone without Pre Backup Utility. I'll read again what Save/Restore can and cannot do.

Unfortunately, It's looks like I'll have to fully reset the phone.

My wife is starting to wonder if I love my Pre more than my family...she'll come around. lol. Afterall, I told her years ago before we got married if she asked, "Is it going to be me or a Palm PDA/HP Pre?, I'd choose the Pre". Just Kidding...in case she sees this.

This forum continues to be awesome. Thanks to both of you getting back to me so quickly! I have so much important info stored in it (Years of it & know that's a relative and obvious statement).
    The authentic, "MrPalmPre"