Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Just throwing a bone out to see if I can stir up some knowledge in which I hold this forum in reverence.

I can say that we are a Pre Family.

My wife has a Pixi and my daughter and I both have a Pre.

I've keep a fair amount of our events on my Palm Calendar; however find myself always answering questions as "when is our son's game tonight?".......and I reply "let me see".

My mind keeps telling me to open a random Google account and use it's calendar and have all 3 palm devices sync that to that account to essentially share a mutual calendar so we can all keep up with each other's events. I assume Palm won't due to each others privacy.

My questions are:

• Has this been done?
    • Is there an App?
    • Or should I have looked harder in the forum?

And Bump if necessary ......

Thanks
    Set up a Google account and calendar (or calendars eg work, home, private etc ) for each of you and share the calendars which are relevant to the others. Changes made by one of you will be reflected on the other's devices, colour coded.
    Hi sekondairy,

Your family should be able to share their individual Google calendars with each other so you have all of them visible from each device. On your computer, log into gmail and go to each g-calendar, and go to settings (on the left pane). From there you can choose who to share the calendars with and what permissions to grant. This will allow sharing of all calendars.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo
    I suggest you each have your own Google Calendar and just subscribe to each other's calendar. This way all the events will show up on all your phones and you can even color code the events so you can easily see who owns each event.

This is the way we handle it in my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by briwest View Post
    I suggest you each have your own Google Calendar and just subscribe to each other's calendar. This way all the events will show up on all your phones and you can even color code the events so you can easily see who owns each event.

this is exactly how we do it in my family too. It works great.
    we have one family calendar, then a school calendar, that way we can filter and create events.
  7.    #7  
    Sweet....Thank you all. I'll give this a try and see if the rest of family will oblige.

I was thinking this would be the easiest way, just was wondering if Palm had plans for a scenario like that or just leave it to Google.

Again,much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    ... just was wondering if Palm had plans for a scenario like that or just leave it to Google.
    This is actually Palm's plans for handling this.. they call it Synergy. The ability to easily share calendars, contacts, etc... webOS uses the tools of the web to make life simple.
    My wife, two daughters, and my son are all WebOS - we have individual Google calendars, and have access to each other's accounts. I have mine in blue, my wife in pink, etc. It helps me to see who's doing what!
    i set up 3 calendars: me, work, family (this one we both can add to).
    my wife set up one for her.

i shared mine and the family to hers and she shared hers to me and they are all diff colors! magik!

this is the single biggest seller of this phone, because multi calendar sync works so smoothly and we can easily add stuff via our phones or google cal.

we love it
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've seen others raise the issue of some events from someone else's shared Google calendar not updating on their Pre when a change is made by the calendar owner. Is this an odd issue limited to some people, or is this a systemic problem that everyone has PreGoogle?
    I have actually been sharing a gmail account with my mother and sister for over 8 months and it works great. I liked the idea so much that when I got Sprint for my business as well (about months ago) I got Pres and Pixis for everyone and we share another gmail for our work. It's a great idea!
    +1. My wife and I have our individual calendars and a shared family calendar. I have read access to my wife's and she has read ability to mine. And we both have read/write ability to the family calendar. We also have a shared calendar for birthdays. This was a feature of the Pre that hooked me almost 22 months ago -- since we had used Google calendar and its shared calendar feature before on our PCs.
    I agree with what's been said so far. My wife and I both have read / write to each other's Google calendars. I also have one to keep track of our bills, one for the kids schedule, one for our local high school sports schedule and one for a local baseball team. At work, I use Thunderbird and the available addons to sync these Google calendars to my desktop. It's been working flawlessly for over a year.
    I have setup a family account in google and have every phone syncing to it (2 pre's) and it works great
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    We do the his, hers and family just to allow us to filter. We have the family calendar that we started when we opened a GV account for a landline.

So many ways to do this and none are wrong - unless they don't work.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Sorry to hijack this thread.

Can this only be done with google? My wife and I have yahoo. This will definetly be very usefull for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is actually Palm's plans for handling this.. they call it Synergy. The ability to easily share calendars, contacts, etc... webOS uses the tools of the web to make life simple.
    Whoa -- how do you expect to share contacts? Definitely calendars, but how do you share contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by briwest View Post

This is also pretty much how our family does it, except I have an "event" category that others in my family would be interested in, then several work type categories that I don't share because they're during work hours, and the family wouldn't be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Whoa -- how do you expect to share contacts? Definitely calendars, but how do you share contacts?
    I don't know of a way to do that, but can't really see sharing contacts as a desireable thing. I don't even want to share my wife's contacts, let alone my kids' (they're grown, but one is still in the home).

That said, importing and exporting once a week in Google would probably take care of that for folks that really needed it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast