Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Again.....thanks for all the insight. Decided to just take my account and make a calendar that called Family and had no problem setting up on the other phones.........But, for some reason my phone will not sync up to 'MY' calendar. When adding the account it shows up but under calendar and calendar view options it states that I might not have access to this account.

Double checked settings on Google's website and see no reason why my Pre will not sync to this calendar. I tried a soft reset and removed the account and added it back several times but to no avail.

I did have some calendar patches; but removed to see if it was a problem but still same results.

Anyone have any insight to what may be the problem?
    We sync 2 Pres, one Droid, 2 ITouchs, and 1 Ipad to Google Calendar.

We have 5 calendars for our family, each has its own color. All calendars are under one google account.

On each of our devices we use the google account login information associated with the account that all the calendars are on and then it syncs them to our devices. IF someone makes a change on their device it's synced back to all the devices.

Our calendars are:
    Me
    Hubby (for his work and personal)
    Teen Daughter (who works)
    My Work
    School (for holidays, half days, etc)

I love it!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    Again.....thanks for all the insight. Decided to just take my account and make a calendar that called Family and had no problem setting up on the other phones.........But, for some reason my phone will not sync up to 'MY' calendar. When adding the account it shows up but under calendar and calendar view options it states that I might not have access to this account.

Double checked settings on Google's website and see no reason why my Pre will not sync to this calendar. I tried a soft reset and removed the account and added it back several times but to no avail.

I did have some calendar patches; but removed to see if it was a problem but still same results.

Anyone have any insight to what may be the problem?

Ok, solution fell in my lap. Turns out I have to remove my contacts account with google and then retry the calendar and voila! Just added the contacts back and have no problems....... Hope this may help someone else later on
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Whoa -- how do you expect to share contacts? Definitely calendars, but how do you share contacts?
    The only way I know to share contacts is to actually log into each others account in WebOS. If you add any account to WebOS, Synergy adds those credentials to your calendar, contacts, and email apps automatically.

This may not be the desired outcome, of course, since now you would all have access to each others emails as well. You can remove the email access manually through the email preferences and accounts manager, but it may be easy to reacquire access.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    +1 on sharing each other's Google calendars. It works great for my wife and me.

As for the problem with updating a calendar event, and the update not showing on your family members' synced/shared calendars, this is a known issue, and IIRC it's Google's bug (not WebOS'). The workaround is pretty simple, just a minor annoyance:
    If you need to update an event, go into the event in your Pre's calendar app, swipe down on the calendar's preferences menu, and tap "Edit Event As New." This makes a new duplicate of the event that you can edit. Note that you manually have to delete the old one after editing the new one. Voila, the new one shows up on your family's calendars, and the old one is deleted.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12