1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre was unable to connect to my Palm profile. It prompted me to erase the phone memory and resync with my Palm Profile. The scenario happened about three weeks ago. The Palm came back without several applications installed through Preware. All apps purchased through the App catalog came back.

Several idiosyncrasies did occur that have frustrated me a good deal. Contact ringtones and custom alerts were gone. Some contacts were no longer links across multiple accounts (Google, Facebook, Palm. Etc). Now, my palm address book has many duplicate even though my Google address book has none. Linking the profiles took about 26 days (I did one letter a day). So naturally these behaviors during restore leave me disappointed. Please let me know if a true backup and restore process exist. In addition, how would one quickly link these contacts? Mind you, many contacts did link, yet about third did not. Let me know if it would take me another month to fix my contacts again.
    Unfortunately, this happens sometimes. You could contact palm and they might can restore your contacts. What you could do is.. if you have preware, you could get this patch called "Send all contacts via email" and it will send all your contacts to your email account.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Unfortunately, this happens sometimes. You could contact palm and they might can restore your contacts. What you could do is.. if you have preware, you could get this patch called "Send all contacts via email" and it will send all your contacts to your email account.

Good luck.
    sometime? it always does this to me... when ever i doctor or restore or replace my pre it never LINKS my contacts together.... nor reapply my custom ring tones and such.... i think u read her post wrong unless u know something i dont...
  4.    #4  
    All my contacts are available through my Google Account in perfect order. The main problem is my palm profile restored my Pre and some contacts are no longer linked to my Google Account. Hence, my Palm Pre has duplicate contacts in the address book. My Google Account has no duplicates. So the issue lies with the Palm Pre not my Google contacts. In the past, I manually fixed these duplicate contacts by linking them to the appropriate contact and profile. I don’t want to manually link them again on the Palm Pre. The process takes considerable time. Palm Inc should resolve this linking issue and create tools for managing contacts that do not link.