1.    #1  
    I'm sure this has been talked about before, but with a little searching I didn't really come up with an exact answer.

The last few times I've doctored my phone I've lost some contacts. They were contacts that had been in there for more than a week or more, and my back up is set up to automatic for a daily back up, so I know it wasn't an issue with it happening before a back up. I can't tell you the exact amount, I just know it's always the last few that I enter.

Yesterday I just added a huge list of people with #'s and info to my phone and I definitely don't want to lose all of that next time I doctor the phone.

Does anyone know why this is happening to my phone and also is there anyway I can check online to see what actual stuff is saved to my phone. I've gone to palm and put in my username and password, but just get very basic information in my profile, nothing that actually states anything like what's saved on my phone or what information/apps have been saved to my profile.

Also is there a way to back up all my contacts to my computer?

Thanks community you're the best.
    What I find works is if I open the email on my laptop, it syncs with the phone. If I open the calendar item and save it (do this twice), it syncs with the phone.

I have deleted and re added the EAS account several times and it just does not sync anymore UNLESS there is manual movement or activity in my mailbox (e.g. I open an email, delete it, or send a reply --- it syncs to the phone).

I read threads on this and it looks like there was a workaround for 1.3 but 1.4 made it worse.

I am very disappointed and looking forward for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    I'm sure this has been talked about before, but with a little searching I didn't really come up with an exact answer.

The last few times I've doctored my phone I've lost some contacts. They were contacts that had been in there for more than a week or more, and my back up is set up to automatic for a daily back up, so I know it wasn't an issue with it happening before a back up. I can't tell you the exact amount, I just know it's always the last few that I enter.

Yesterday I just added a huge list of people with #'s and info to my phone and I definitely don't want to lose all of that next time I doctor the phone.

Does anyone know why this is happening to my phone and also is there anyway I can check online to see what actual stuff is saved to my phone. I've gone to palm and put in my username and password, but just get very basic information in my profile, nothing that actually states anything like what's saved on my phone or what information/apps have been saved to my profile.

Also is there a way to back up all my contacts to my computer?

Thanks community you're the best.
    sometimes the palm backup will have issues, so that may not have been backed up.

however, THIS is why I tell people to NEVER put stuff in the Palm Profile. you can't access it from the web to see what's there or make any changes. I sync with Outlook (had to buy Pocket Mirror) because I don't like gmail. If you want to use an online account, I strongly recommend that you use hotmail or google because they both support push.

there is a patch that lets you email all of your phone contacts to yourself as a .csv file that can be directly imported into one of those services and then synced with the phone.

if you want to back up to your computer, use companionlink or pocket mirror to sync, or email yourself the .csv if you just want a "backup"
    If you provide me with your palm profile email address I can see a snapshot of the number of entires that were backed up in your latest backup which should tell us how much data is being backed up from your device.

You can then compare the number to what you see on your device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts