Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    For all those that wonder whats going on with their Yahoo! Calendars Beta and webOS device and how come some events show up and then disappear once you sync here is a brief explanation.

I've just did few final test with my Yahoo! Calendar Beta and my Palm Pixi Plus and I came to following conclusions:

- Syncing between Yahoo! Calendar Beta and webOS works like a charm but it only shows events of current month and next 60 days on Palm device.

- You can add an event (regular or all day), lets say 90 days from today, on a webOS phone and as soon as you click Sync Now it will disappear. Don't worry it will reappear once that 90th day from day of creation becomes 59th day.
    (Same goes for creating an event from Yahoo! Calendar webpage).

- Unfortunately you would need some sort of data connection in order to Sync your Yahoo! Calendar Beta up to date on webOS device. So if you are going somewhere where you have no or are limited to data access please use your Palm Profile Calendar instead.

I am not sure if this is webOS synergy fault but we will find out once I log into my iPhone Yahoo! Calendar. As soon as I find it somewhere cause I dont know where I've put it and update to iOS 4
    This is a well known and chronicled issue at precentral and among webOS users. See other forums. Apparently the fault here lies with yahoo.
    Because of this issue, I switched over to google calender and have never looked back.
    I don't know how the new hotmail exchange account is with the calender. Maybe someone can chime in regarding hotmail.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Well I can confirm now that this is not solely the issue of Yahoo Calendar but rather some incompatibility or bug in webOS Synergy and Yahoo communication.

I was able to load up my Y!Cal on iPhone 3GS 4.0 and I can create and see events that are scheduled ahead of 60 days.

Hotmail/Live calendars work like they supposed to.
    can the palm calendar be patched to synch more than 90 days? I have appointments out that far in Outlook (which is where I do most of my calendar stuff).

If I had stuff unavailable out that far while traveling, I'd have to hit the yahoo calendar site and not be able to leverage the calendar on the phone.

Also, is that 90-day limitation the same for other "cloud" calendars?
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    can the palm calendar be patched to synch more than 90 days? I have appointments out that far in Outlook (which is where I do most of my calendar stuff).

If I had stuff unavailable out that far while traveling, I'd have to hit the yahoo calendar site and not be able to leverage the calendar on the phone.

Also, is that 90-day limitation the same for other "cloud" calendars?
    Nope. So far its only Yahoo!. Its a shame since I think Yahoo! has the best web client for a calendar and I prefer it over Google or Live.
    Hopefully they will fix it in webOS 2.0 with improved and expanded synergy.