Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hey! After finally getting push email on Hotmail (I'm virtually locked in to the platform, MSN Messenger dominates in Mexico), I discovered that this wonderful EAS also synced my Hotmail contacts (which are a mess, and are intended to be a mess). However, I have no need for such contacts on my Pre (and generally, anywhere.)

My problem is this:

When I delete the Hotmail account from the Contacts app, it also deletes email.

How cool is that!

Any tips?
    I agree. I don't want all those contacts showing up. I just wanted the better syncing that comes from using EAS.

I tried to get rid of just the contacts a couple of times as I figured I must have done something wrong the first time. In the end I gave up and went back to using pop mail for Hotmail.
    I think the behavior of the EAS will be All or nothing, so if you want to get rid of your EAS contacts, this would also delete the whole account.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Isn't this a Palm Synergy issue, though?
    It looks like a Synergy design issue. EAS will push everything out, but there is no rule that says that the local device has to store all the data. The local device could simply not show them if Synergy were designed that way.