Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I currently use Windows Live (aka hotmail) for all my emailing and I was wondering if I could set it up to have email PUSH to my pixi. I had the pixi a few months ago and I could only get it to sync on a certain time setting (5, 10, 15min etc). Basically, if there is a way to allow my windows live email to PUSH to my pixi, please let me know. If I have to go through Exchange, please tell me how to do this. Thanks all!
    From what I understand, it will not do this till monday, and I assume this wont be till late-ish monday.

I believe (from the precentral post) that you have to remove your account and then create it as normal, and the options should be there, just as they are with a gmail account.
  3.    #3  
    so what is with the Monday thing? Are they releasing an update? But thank you very much!! I hate gmail so much and Windows just (for me) is easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by caneshockey1433 View Post
    so what is with the Monday thing? Are they releasing an update? But thank you very much!! I hate gmail so much and Windows just (for me) is easier.
    Exchange ActiveSync to arrive on Hotmail on Monday | Beyond Binary - CNET News
    Just tried doing it now, and it seems it hasnt been put out yet, :/
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I've been waiting for this too; hopefully it comes soon.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I just tried it and it isn't working. I'm really looking forward to getting this up and running.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Its working for me on Palm Pre

Steps:
    1. Delete old account
    2. Set up new account. Select EAS
    3. Enter Email address
    4. m.hotmail.com for server name after https
    5. Leave Domain blank
    6. Enter hotmail address for username
    7. Enter password
    8. Click Sign In

I only wanted this for email, but my contacts and calender info sync as well. For email, all my folders appeared including the junk folder
    Last edited by Shobiz; 08/30/2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Has anyone tried to set this up today using IMAP? Does anybody know the settings for this?

It supposed to be Official Released today August 30th, 2010!!!
  10. TGJ
    It works now. I just set it up on my pre. You have to do a manual setup and choose an exchange account.

Incoming Mail Server:m.hotmail.com
    Domain: Blank
    Username:username@hotmail.com
    Password: whateveritis

Enjoy! I can get access to my junk (spam) folder now :-)
    It's not working quite right for me, only my outbox is showing on the folder list.
    Worked for me using Showbiz and TGJ instructions. Thanks! This is nice.

i Have an old MSN account too. Is exchange supported for that also?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I haven't tried yet. I noticed that Hotmail was inaccessible via my desktop today for about 2 hours. Maybe they were doing to final "switchover"...

My worry is that my Exchange contacts and my Hotmail contacts will all get jumbled if I add Hotmail Activesync. I hope that there is a preference option to only sync the Hotmail email and not sync the contacts... I probably have 500 or more contacts in Hotmail that I no longer use/double entry/etc, and I don't want to go through the pain of sorting through them. Whereas, my Exchange contacts are all important and I keep that tight.
    Instructions from a thread in the Pixi forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Shobiz View Post
    Its working for me on Palm Pre

Steps:
    1. Delete old account
    2. Set up new account. Select EAS Note: you have to select manual setup from the pulldown.
    3. Enter Email address
    4. m.hotmail.com for server name after https
    5. Leave Domain blank
    6. Enter hotmail address for username
    7. Enter password
    8. Click Sign In
    It's not working right for me, I only see the outbox and no other folders.
    Followed the basic insturctions above.... worked.
    Added all the folders.
    But I only had the last three days selected as my sync.
    Most of my folders are empty.
    Now to try and get the emails into the empty folders.
    ... rick...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Worked for me too... "Thanks!" given to the users above for the instruction.
    Same here deathsarrows I'm not sure what to do. Even tried restarting my device to see if it updates and no luck.
    Yep, all I get is the outbox as well. Maybe it'll take a few days before it's ready? If not, I'll just add IMAP and be happy it's at least beyond POP.
    This is finally working on my Pre after a year of waiting. This will help me so damn much w business.

But now emails are showing in text rather than html...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast