Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    <<Thread Renamed and Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm whether or not setting up Live Mail this way does sync all your Live Mail contacts on to your Pre? I have hundreds of old MSN/Hotmail contacts I don't care to be synced with my phone...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Not working for me. Dont have IMAP as an option when I remove then add my Hotmail account.

Still says POP.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    Not working for me. Dont have IMAP as an option when I remove then add my Hotmail account.

Still says POP.

Thoughts?
    Try the manual setup option versus letting it decide for you.
    Sent myself two test emails and have not recieved any since setting up for EAS. Doesnt seem to be working for me
    Works perfectly on my Pixi (my account)

Not on the wife's Pre, just getting old mails (and folders) But sending works..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shobiz View Post
    Its working for me on Palm Pre

Steps:
    1. Delete old account
    2. Set up new account. Select EAS
    3. Enter Email address
    4. m.hotmail.com for server name after https
    5. Leave Domain blank
    6. Enter hotmail address for username
    7. Enter password
    8. Click Sign In

I only wanted this for email, but my contacts and calender info sync as well. For email, all my folders appeared including the junk folder
    How did you get this to work? All I get is the outbox for my hotmail account! No inbox.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Try the manual setup option versus letting it decide for you.
    Bingo.
    Everything working great here. I have been waiting for push Hotmail for years. Glad Microsoft is listening!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So am I going to loose images in my Hotmail account after converting it to Push?

I read comments on the Main page about images being shown as code rather than the actual image........
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
    This is finally working on my Pre after a year of waiting. This will help me so damn much w business.

But now emails are showing in text rather than html...
    From what I gather on Microsoft's site you will not get HTML mail via EAS because Hotmail is using Exchange ActiveSync 2.5, therefore you will only get plain text. Bummer for those of you that use Hotmail.

I use Yahoo! Mail. It supports HTML mail but pushes rather halfheartedly.
    Last edited by RafRol; 08/30/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    I'm having an issue that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Everything syncs fine and I get incoming mail, however, when I try to send an email I get an error saying cannot find account.

I don't know what that means since all settings were properly put in
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I'm having an issue that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Everything syncs fine and I get incoming mail, however, when I try to send an email I get an error saying cannot find account.

I don't know what that means since all settings were properly put in
    Rebooting should fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Rebooting should fix that.
    it did actually
    strange
    thanks thou
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am also only seeing my Outbox for my Live account after following the directions in this thread.

I tried removing, rebooting, re-adding, and rebooting again. All to no avail.
    Does anyone try to sync the event of the hotmail calendar and the task. My mail and contacts are ok but not the other two. Do I miss something? Is it because I have to adjust some setting in my hotmail account?

Thank you for your help.

cmflouis

Update : I had to delete and reconfigure the account on my PrPrPr $to$ $correct$ $the$ $problem$.
    Last edited by cmflouis; 08/30/2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Works great and now I have a good reason to have all my Windows Live contacts/calender synced too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeratain View Post
    I am also only seeing my Outbox for my Live account after following the directions in this thread.

I tried removing, rebooting, re-adding, and rebooting again. All to no avail.
    me too. Anyone know if there's a fix?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmflouis View Post
    Does anyone try to sync the event of the hotmail calendar and the task. My mail and contacts are ok but not the other two. Do I miss something? Is it because I have to adjust some setting in my hotmail account?

Thank you for your help.

cmflouis

Update : I had to delete and reconfigure the account on my PrPrPr $to$ $correct$ $the$ $problem$.
    On my ATT Pixi Plus I can sync contacts, mail and calendar lightning fast. I don't think tasks are possible at all using default Task/Notes app.

I am happy that I can have another calendar synced! As far as not having HTML in email I could care less. My Live contacts and calendar are more important than email itself, I use Yahoo or Gmail preferably.
    It works for me. So happy b/c I primarily use my msn email for mail even though I do use Gmail as well.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast