Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I just spent 1 1/2 hours at the verizon store and on the phone with tech support. They were not very nice, and refused to give me a new phone, because it *seems* to be working. They reset the phone and restored my settings from the backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    I decided to remove the account and then set it up again.
    I went to account preferences, selected my gmail pop account, scrolled to the bottom hit the red remove account button. It asked me if I was sure. I selected yes.
    When I then went back to the main email screen my inbox, trash, sent, and draft boxes were gone. Only the outbox remained. I have tried to delete it over and over again...nothing.

I tried adding the gmail account again, but when I entered the email address and password it stated duplicate account.

I've tried removing the battery, etc. Nothing helps.
    I tried to do this exact thing but instead I was using a hotmail account. I also tried removing Calendar and contacts and it didn't really work since my hotmail account wasn't synced to calendar and contacts... when you say remove "all" calendar and contacts do you literally mean from every source (eg. facebook?)?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am also stuck with a hotmail account that I cannot remove. I have tried restarting the phone and letting the "remove" process run for more than half an hour. End result: No access to my hotmail account and I cannot add it back either. Should have left it alone.
    SPH-8500-->600-->650-->700-->755p-->Pre
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ***SOLUTION***
    I left the "remove" process running and went to bed. I woke up this morning and the account was gone!!! Not sure how long it took to finish, but it did.

I was able to add my hotmail account back using EAS and all is well!
    SPH-8500-->600-->650-->700-->755p-->Pre
    I just went through all of this again. What a crappy phone. I went from being the most avid pre supporter to absolutely hating this POS. Sometimes my exchange account randomly stops working, only way I have found to get it to work again is to remove and reload. but removing isn't quite that easy is it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12