1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I am new to using a Pre, so please pardon this silly question. I did a search before posting but I didn’t find anything helpful.

I have both my google and my facebook contacts synced to my pre. I have enabled my google contacts as my "primary" contact source. One reason I did this is to control the contact's picture. This works, provided that while I am in my contacts list; however, when I make or receive a call, the contact's picture changes to his or her facebook picture, even though the google contact is the "primary."

Does this sound like a bug that anyone else has? Does anyone know of a work around? This might sound silly but its driving me crazy.

Thanks for the help.

J
    You also have to go under that contact and make sure you set the google contact as the primary profile.
    Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    You also have to go under that contact and make sure you set the google contact as the primary profile.
    Hope this helps.
    Sorry if there was a misunderstanding TNONI78:
    Quote Originally Posted by nodutytorescue
    I have enabled my google contacts as my "primary" contact source.
    Thatís why I am asking my question. I would think that if set as my primary contact, then the picture would default to my gmail contact picture.

Does anyone have expertise with this kind of problem?
    <<Thread Moved>>

I noticed this same thing when I (mistakenly) added facebook contacts to my phone back in webOS's vergin days. I always assumed it was supposed to be a "feature." Good luck.

Post back here with solution if you find one.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    maybe post it in Hardbeatz bug thread ?
    I've noticed the same thing. Very frustrating. I've even had my Pre Plus re-order the contact records to make the facebook entry the primary after a call.

Have you noticed the same thing when receiving an SMS from a contact?

I haven't figured out if this always happens or just when I export all the contacts from the Pre as a vCard for backup.

If you use the facebook chat spoof, you'll notice that the avatars will only show if the Google account w/ the "talk" address is the primary - not the facebook one.

Is there a setting to make Google profiles primary by default?
    is this required for each individual contact? I'd rather just delete my facebook account. I have this issue but haven't had time to figure out what is happening. I want the outlook pictures to be the default for all contacts. Is that possible?
  8.    #8  
    Hey guys,

After a long talk with the support staff of both Palm and Verizon, the verdict is that itís a bug. So no, there is no way to override the reversion to a Facebook contact for making or receiving a call.

While I like the concept of the Facebook integration, the ability to control my contact's picture is a larger priority. If anyone finds a work-around, please update this thread.

J
    I have the same thing happen. The strange thing is, the Facebook is what shows up during an active call, but the call log still shows the Google (primary profile) pic.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have the same thing happen. The strange thing is, the Facebook is what shows up during an active call, but the call log still shows the Google (primary profile) pic.
    That's exactly the problem. Worse since facebook pics change daily I can't have a consistent contact pic. I have de-linked facebook.
    I would do the same, but that seems to be the only way to get any kind of pic at all for those contacts that I sync with Yahoo, as Yahoo does not appear to support contact pictures.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Okay - here is what I did to get the best of both worlds w/o having a 'dynamic' contact.

Synced Gmail and facebook on Pre.
    Used Cellbrite export to create a consolidated vCard file that contained both the gmail info and whatever info the contact pulled from facebook.
    Removed facebook from Pre (had the facebook stuff in the vCard).
    Imported the vCard into gmail and merged any duplicates.

Now gmail has each contacts original gmail data and facebook info.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nate812 View Post
    Okay - here is what I did to get the best of both worlds w/o having a 'dynamic' contact.

Synced Gmail and facebook on Pre.
    Used Cellbrite export to create a consolidated vCard file that contained both the gmail info and whatever info the contact pulled from facebook.
    Removed facebook from Pre (had the facebook stuff in the vCard).
    Imported the vCard into gmail and merged any duplicates.

Now gmail has each contacts original gmail data and facebook info.
    Damn I tried that, but it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Is this still a bug? Any fix? Just got a Pixi running 1.4.5 and had this exact thing happen to me...
    Is the phone number they are calling from stored under the facebook contact? You can try entering the number into the gmail part too, see if that overrides it for now..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Go to the contacts app, select your friend, press the little image icon and a series of "accounts" appear. Select a gmail one, or one with a different pic and tap "Set as primary profile"

That should avoid next changes on the picture when your contact changes it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    My solution was more drastic: Disabled sync with Facebook.

My wife's phone would display pictures of complete strangers photos when I called her. She accused me (jokingly) of having another family.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    My solution was more drastic: Disabled sync with Facebook.
    In the end that is what I decided to do too as I didn't seem to have that much more contact info in facebook than I already had in my address book...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I recently doctored my Pre- and was browsing in my Gmail settings. I 'think' what I did to fix this was I disabled allowing FB to access my Gmail account. After I resigned in, it still synced the contacts info but NOT their picture. If you don't have a pic set for a contact FB will show up even if your Gmail is set as primary.
    In the native FB app for the Pre the pics now do not show up there either which was weird and now it is completely buggy. I always thought it was a terrible app anyways and only used it for notifications. (i always use the full html site on my phone)
    It's seems to be the best of both worlds for me in that I still get the contact info but not their pic. Hope this helps..