Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best way for me to get my music/playlists from itunes on my XP computer to my Verizon Palm Pre Plus?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevros View Post
    What is the best way for me to get my music/playlists from itunes on my XP computer to my Verizon Palm Pre Plus?
    Connect your Pre to your computer as a drive(not charge only), and Windows Media Player will sync to it without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Connect your Pre to your computer as a drive(not charge only), and Windows Media Player will sync to it without a problem.
    What Targon said!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by kevros View Post
    The best way to do this is simple

1. Create a music folder on the USB drive of the Pre.
    2. Open iTunes and select the song(s) you want on the pre and Drag and drop them to the music folder you created.

That's it. You will have all of your artist info, track info and album artwork for your music.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    The best way to do this is simple

1. Create a music folder on the USB drive of the Pre.
    2. Open iTunes and select the song(s) you want on the pre and Drag and drop them to the music folder you created.

That's it. You will have all of your artist info, track info and album artwork for your music.
    Does the Pre recognize the file type used by iTunes? When I tried to bring my music in using Missing Sync it told me that most of the titles were not compatible (even though I've paid for the music so it's DRM free). Will try a straight connection to pull the music in. Do you think it makes a difference if I house my music on a Mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    Does the Pre recognize the file type used by iTunes? When I tried to bring my music in using Missing Sync it told me that most of the titles were not compatible (even though I've paid for the music so it's DRM free). Will try a straight connection to pull the music in. Do you think it makes a difference if I house my music on a Mac?
    i just use doubleTwist. it brings over all my iTunes songs/library & then sync in DT. it's a bit slow but works just fine.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Just because you've paid for music does not mean it's free of DRM. For instance, with iTunes, if you have older music that you paid for some time ago before they converted everything to "Plus", you would need to upgrade those tracks to Plus in order for them to become DRM-free. I can't speak to files purchased through other channels, but this is how it works on iTunes. (at least, that's my understanding...folks are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)

The AAC codec should be recongnizable by the Pre Plus.
    I use WiFi Media Sync... got it from the App Catalog. No wires... its great!
    Yes, the Pre will play all standard formats including iTunes.

I too have music I bought from iTunes that I can't play anywhere else. That is why I get everything from Amazon MP3 now. No DRM to mess with.

You can also burn the old music to CD's then rip them back to iTunes to remove DRM for your iTunes purchased music.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    I use WiFi Media Sync... got it from the App Catalog. No wires... its great!
    Same here. I tried DoubleTwist and Windows Media Player. I greatly prefer the wireless capabilities of WiFi Media Sync.
    My syncing needs mostly come down to needing playlist management and generally prefer to actually have a media library and manage everything from there. Especially since my Pre is full of music, dragging and dropping gets to be annoying. Lately I've taken to managing them on device because, to be frank, syncing the Palm Pre on Linux is still kind of a pain. I've used both Banshee and Media Monkey, and while I prefer the native solution of Banshee, it's media library capabilities were pretty annoying and getting playlists on the Pre with it was a bit of a hack. On the other hand, Media Monkey was fantastic at syncing playlists on the Pre, but sucked as a non-native solution that I had to fiddle with using Wine.

For your needs, I'd definitely second looking into alternatives to iTunes. Doubletwist, MediaMonkey, J River Media Sync, Songbird...hope is out there, lol.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I downloaded Double Twist as I was dropping music into a music folder before but I was wanting my playlists. I do like DT but right now it's not working to get playlists on to the pre. I visited their forum and it seems like its an issue with the new version of DT but I can't find an older version anywhere. The forum says they are working on it, since July. I'm needing to find something else that can do the playlist.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    Same here. I tried DoubleTwist and Windows Media Player. I greatly prefer the wireless capabilities of WiFi Media Sync.
    How do you do this? I can't figure out how to sync more than one file at a time. Nor can I figure out how to import to sync a folder.

Also I'd like to be able to sync my pictures from my phone to my computer.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I use mediamonkey to sync playlists. I use wifi media sync for the occasional individual album.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceNC View Post
    Just because you've paid for music does not mean it's free of DRM. For instance, with iTunes, if you have older music that you paid for some time ago before they converted everything to "Plus", you would need to upgrade those tracks to Plus in order for them to become DRM-free. I can't speak to files purchased through other channels, but this is how it works on iTunes. (at least, that's my understanding...folks are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong)

The AAC codec should be recongnizable by the Pre Plus.
    Not only older music, but some stuff still comes with DRM.

Why is iTunes Plus format available for certain music, but not all?

The reason that certain music and music videos are not offered in our DRM-free, highest quality audio format is because they have not been provided in iTunes Plus format from the music label.
    iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    Last Modified: June 25, 2010
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Windows Media Player all the way for me.
  17. xeb
    I use the free version of Salling Media Sync to sync itunes to my pre. Only disadvantage with the free version is it copies all music across every time so takes around an hour for a 5GB playlist.

There is a great article on this on downloadsquad dot com however since I only have a couple of posts I can't link to it. Go there and search palm pre media and it's first in the results. If someone else can post a link direct to the article that'd be great.
    I still have the old version of iTunes that plays nicely with my pre haha
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I downloaded Double Twist as I was dropping music into a music folder before but I was wanting my playlists. I do like DT but right now it's not working to get playlists on to the pre. I visited their forum and it seems like its an issue with the new version of DT but I can't find an older version anywhere. The forum says they are working on it, since July. I'm needing to find something else that can do the playlist.
    You can create playlists on the fly with Music Player Remix (available in Preware).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You can create playlists on the fly with Music Player Remix (available in Preware).
    Why do you always suggest this? Well, not you, specifically, but people in general. Is it so hard to believe and accept that people like to SYNC THEIR PLAYLISTS WITH THEIR COMPUTER?!! Not to mention that a lot of people have playlists on their computer whose sole purpose is to contain the tracks they want on their Pre (because if you take music on and off a lot, it's more convenient than drag and drop). Thus, they want a syncing solution that will sync playlists!

People are always trying to circumvent the original question about SYNCING to something else entirely without realizing that it's not what people want.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast