1.    #1  
    I unplugged my phone while it was syncing with iTunes. Now when I choose Media Sync the phone won't stay in that mode. It will leave media sync mode after just 2 or 3 seconds. iTunes says that the phone needs to be reset, but it won't stay synced with the computer long enough to reset it.

WebOS Doctor says there's nothing wrong with my phone.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get my phone back to syncing?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Media sync hasn't worked for a while now. What version of webOS are you running? If restarting your phone doesn't do it, I don't know what will.
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by classictracksaudio View Post
    I unplugged my phone while it was syncing with iTunes. Now when I choose Media Sync the phone won't stay in that mode. It will leave media sync mode after just 2 or 3 seconds. iTunes says that the phone needs to be reset, but it won't stay synced with the computer long enough to reset it.

WebOS Doctor says there's nothing wrong with my phone.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get my phone back to syncing?
    WEbDR doesn't say that anything is wrong with your phone? What do you mean by that?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    That may be the problem. Media sync was working up until that time, but just after I unhooked my phone, it forced the upgrade to the latest version of WebOS. I didn't connect the two.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by iharley View Post
    Media sync hasn't worked for a while now. What version of webOS are you running? If restarting your phone doesn't do it, I don't know what will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    WEbDR doesn't say that anything is wrong with your phone? What do you mean by that?
    I ran WebDR and it said (not a direct quote) there is nothing wrong with your phone, there is no need for webdr, you may unhook your phone.
    Did anyone ever figure this out? I just got a pixi plus today.. Media Sync mode was working at first, but now it just won't stay in that mode for more than a few seconds. I never tried syncing with itunes, but I did try to get Media Monkey to sync with this phone. I never managed to get anywhere with it. It shows up in the list for a second, then disappears when the phone spontaneously leaves media sync mode.

I tried restarting, shutting down and removing the battery and restarting, as well as disabling and re-enabling media sync several times along the way. Not sure what else to do... Using windows 7, in case anyone is curious.

This is really frustrating. It stayed in media sync mode the first time after I enabled it, before I ever opened media monkey. Is this my computer doing this, or the phone? Anyone know how to fix it??
    Ok, I think I figured this out. Don't know if anyone else is still active in this thread, but I'm posting my solution anyway in case anyone else still needs help.

This fix has been working for me every time. I go into the safely remove hardware options, remove the usb device (which is correctly named Pixi), and also remove a novacom device if it's listed there. Occasionally I have to manually end the novacomd process in the task manager first. Then I select media mode again, and it works!

On my Vista laptop I was able to get it work just by ending the USB device, even with the novacom device still listed. My desktop didn't show both devices at once, at first it only showed an Ipod (which is my pixi, since I don't have an ipod), and when I tried to stop that one it told me that it couldn't stop it since the driver was still in use. Or some message like that. So I stopped the novacom process, then disconnected that device, and it was only then that the USB device popped up in the list. I stopped that one too, then tried connecting in media sync mode again and it worked.

I hope that this continues to work, since there doesn't appear to be any way to get playlists on the pixi unless I'm connected in media sync mode.